For example, the mileage reimbursement was raised to 57.5 cents per mile, and the for the first time, employees who purchase health insurance policies through the exchange will be eligible for a federal subsidy.
Also, the IRS has ruled that a mobile for a caregiver is not tax deductable.
So Blue Ivy and North West aren't the most sought after baby models after all? The UK Telegraph claims that Harper Beckham 's parents Victoria and David Beckham have been offered up to $30 million worth of modeling contracts since she was spotted sitting ...
- Ghatt Media HoldingsManaging Partner, 2014 - presentManage a company with a portfolio of publishing, media, communications, counseling and training subsidiaries.
- Ghatt Law Group LLCManaging Partner, 2005 - 2013Manage a boutique tech, small business and communications law firm in the DC Area catering to nonprofits, small businesses and start ups. Lead and won landmark cases before the US Supreme Court, federal courts and agencies.
- JJ Ghatt Public Relations LLCSenior Partner, 2005 - 2010Business development for a boutique public relations firm.
- DC Office of Cable TelevisionAssistant General Counsel, 2004 - 2005Oversaw and regulated Comcast and Starpower MVPD in the District. Presented telecommunications bills to the DC Council on behalf of the mayor. Negotiated franchises. Represented the city at NATOA. Coordinated with Entertainment attorney on staff. Oversaw regulatory staff
- Willkie Farr & GallagherAssociate, 2000 - 2004Represented cable, telecom, wireless companies in transactional, regulatory and oral and written advocacy before the FCC, FTC and other regulatory agencies. Won Pro Bono award for work with Immigrant community in DC.
- Georgetown University Law CenterStaff Attorney, 1998 - 2000Taught media and telecommunications written and oral advocacy to law students while representing non-profits in pleadings at the FCC, FTC and courts on behalf of consumers, parents, communities, non profits and other citizens constituent groups.
The word according to the Book of JJ
In the year....
1992 - Took a college job creating content for one of the earliest websites in history while working at the University of Maryland Office of Technology.
1994 – Got ambitious and applied for a coveted intern slot at U.S. News & World Report and was the only non-Ivy-league student awarded a plum spot. It was there I realized I didn’t want to become a journalist after all. Maybe my dad was right. I argue a lot. Law is my field.
1995 - Enrolled in law school at the Catholic University, destined to be a top telecom lawyer.
1998 –Scored a gig teaching advocacy to Georgetown University Law Students after graduating from law school. Was great. I got to be a big fish in a small pond.
2000 – Saw the ocean across the way and left the small pond and headed to a big sea and became an Associate at an international law firm. I was the only black lawyer in our DC office.
2002- Dubbed my professor years, guest spoke at Yale Law, taught media Law at my alma matter U of MD and lectured at Penn State.
2004 -Convinced 6 of my college girlfriends to start our own blog where we’d talk about our passions: handbags, shoes and politics. We were going to blow up, I told them. Gig on the Side was its name
2005- Jilted by the failure to become a super blogger, I became Asst General Counsel and at one time was the only communications regulator for the District of Columbia. I negotiated franchise agreements on behalf of then Mayor Anthony Williams and lobbied future Mayor Adrian Fenty.
2005- Struck it on my own, formed a law firm and PR firm. I repped national communications companies and nonprofits
2007 – Started plotting world online domination. Dubbed myself a social butterfly and commenced to joining , moderating, leading, writing, antagonizing, stoking and agitating my way through various blogs.
2010- Went to the White House and was 1 of 22 bloggers at the first African American Online Summit
2011- Served as amici counsel before US Supreme Court on behalf of a coalition of national organizations including Public Knowledge, Media Access Project The NAACP, RainbowPUSH, NOW, The Urban League and others.
- Georgetown UniversityMaster of Law, 1998 - 2000
- The Catholic University of AmericaLaw, 1995 - 1998
- University of Maryland, College ParkJournalism, 1991 - 1995