I'm going to try sharing occasional blog photos here as well, so I'll get things started with a collection of ones already posted this year. If I can figure out the details of the PicasaWeb/Google+ interaction, I'll add to it from time to time as I post stuff on my blog...
Select Blog Photos 2012 (107 photos)
107 Photos - View album
14 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- Well, I feel like an idiot, but I can't figure out how to share a single photo from a PicasaWeb album. When I view the whole album, the "share" button in the right-hand sidebar brings up a "Share in G+" dialog, but when I do the same thing with an individual photo, I'm merely offered the chance to email a link to someone.
Anyone ( ?) have a suggestion?
My hope was that I could have one public album where selected blog-posted photos accumulate, and when I add a photo to it, I can also post the photo (and a mini discussion and link to the blog) as a separate item to G+....Jun 14, 2012
- , you are not alone. Took me a while yesterday to find the UI element for sharing your post.
I just clicked on one of the photos in your album to bring up the full screen view, and there were +1 and Share buttons below the photo detail panel on the right hand side of the screen. Clicking Share showed the normal G+ share dialog which is what I think you were looking for. Maybe spend some more time clicking around in full screen view for the photo you want to share?Jun 15, 2012
- I wasn't seeing what you were seeing /at all/, until I had the bright idea to check via the G+ view that appeared when I shared the full album (rather than looking via PicasaWeb). So it seems that from PicasaWeb you can not share an individual photo, just an album, but once the album is shared, you can then share individual photos.
Seems odd, but that's the best I can figure out so far.Jun 15, 2012
- Ah, found another shortcut. In G+, via the "Photos" icon on the left of one's main home page, you can access all PicasaWeb albums and photos, whether shared or public or private, and within them you can share individual photos. My whole problem had been that I was looking at things from the PicasaWeb side, but if you look from the G+ side, all makes sense.Jun 15, 2012
- , I upload to picasaweb using your plugin (to Albums which I've marked at Public. But I do the sharing via Google+. I go to Photos, then Albums, then go to the selected album and then the selected photo. I click on Share and then type whatever I want to say about the photo, select the circles or groups I want to share with, and click the Share button. That shares the single photo but it will include a link the album it is from (plus if a viewer clicks the photo, it takes them to the G+ view of the picture but also provides ways to navigate to other photos in the album.Jun 15, 2012
- Thanks, that's pretty much what I finally figured out. I was just looking from the wrong perspective (from the PicasaWeb perspective). This'll all be easier, I hope, if/when Google offers a real G+ API...Jun 15, 2012
Add a comment...