Can you connect me with someone responsible for the Nexus 7 LTE?
It has been advertised that it will work on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile.
Verizon is refusing to activate mine.
Earlier saga here:
128 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 58 previous comments
- the communication would've only been necessary to ensure the Nexus 7's would be supported and ready to activate when they launched. It seems like nothing like this happened at all.
Indeed. I'm sure, with Google being who they are, they simply built the knowing full well that the radio chipset was technically compatible with Verizon's LTE 700Mhz C-Block frequencies (along with & ) and left well enough alone.
Sort of a "Let the chips fall where they may" attitude. And frankly good on them for doing so.Sep 18, 2013
- Sep 18, 2013
- I completely agree. Despite these setbacks, I would love to see more devices able to be activated on Verizon that aren't sold thrugh their channels.
I don't want to turn the dial around, though I will say that those complaining about it are jumping the gun on this. Google said that it would work on Verizon when it was announced. They never said when. They launch it, advertise it for compatibility with T-Mobile and throw in a free month. All the hardcore Nexus fans on Verizon pick one up and complain they can't activate it, some get really noisy and writes his huge rant. Then we come to find out Verizon's been trying to certify it since August. So is Verizon still the big bad carrier for all of this or did a handful of noisy people on the internet just buy it prematurely before it was ready on the back end and never advertised to work on Verizon's network? Since I've also yet to hear back from Jeff about personally activating it for him through a workaround, I'd say jumping the gun is closer to the mark. People need to chill.Sep 18, 2013
- I was told yesterday by an on-line Verizon chat person that there was no news for the Nexus 7 LTE.Oct 7, 2013
- I just bought a Wifi version. Since Verizon doesn't want extra money I won't give it to them.Oct 7, 2013
- My free month on T-Mobile ran out, still no news, Verizon? It has been over a month now.
At this point, I expect to be part of a class action lawsuit against Verizon. We'll be reimbursed pennies in a few years, while some telecom lawyers make a fortune.
Should I bother going to the Verizon store today or will there be an announcement soon? I've been patient for over a month.....Oct 21, 2013