Rave review of the Pixel from
Originally shared by ****
109 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 6 previous comments
- I have had two Chromebooks and eventually left them for this: http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MD101LL-13-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B0074703CM/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1427055170&sr=1-4&keywords=macbook+pro. Unfortunately, that is what the Pixel is up against, a very powerful and completely versatile sub-$1K Mac.Mar 22, 2015
- I don't like viruses or waiting for antivirus software and itunes to update themselves again again. So i need a powerful ChromebookMar 22, 2015
- what does iTunes have to do with anything? Just don't use it.Mar 22, 2015
- The Chromebook platform is not for everybody. High end computer users will always find the area where the inherent limitations of such a simple OS are lacking. Currently the limitations are in graphical applications such as photo editing, video composition, and high end video games.
But for those users that do not need such power, the Chromebook is an amazing compromise for security, ease of use, and affordability.
So, for most users who want laptops (which most people do want over a desktop these days), but do not need said laptop to perform those specific tasks, they do make sense as a valid option.
Now Google has created the $1k+ luxurary edition. Nice materials, new technologies, all the bells and whistles. That's fine. If you don't want to spend money like that, there are many other models that are much less expensive for you to choose from.
Apple doesn't have a (much) cheaper option and doesn't allow anybody else to run MacOS X. Windows laptops are everywhere, but suffer the problems that ChromeOS is designed to avoid while amplifying those problems when running on cheaper hardware.
The informed individual that knows what they want will buy what they want. But refusing to look at a new option is submitting to ignorance.Mar 22, 2015
- thanks again and good night now i am more happy.Mar 22, 2015
- Great! I wished the NSA and GCHQ wouldn't had ruined the cloud. For me this would be the computer. Everything I need.Mar 23, 2015
Add a comment...