CNN president Jim Walton steps down (at last). What would you do with this once-impressive institution?properly says it has been ruined by the view from nowhere. I agree. It's also amazing how quickly something new and disruptive can become stuck in its ways and old. So fine: Come in and reinvent it. What is your CNN?
24 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 29 previous comments
- How about a really radical change and try doing journalism? It's so crazy it just might work.Jul 27, 2012
- The fact that Fox included it's cable station in it's entertainment division instead of it's news division I think indicates that the entire model of cable nes is just broken..if we're evaluating it on it's output of quality journalism.
Perhaps it's time to just accept it as entertainment and realize that less and less people are getting their news from pure cable news and move on.Jul 27, 2012
- Perhaps getting our news from Google+ is the way to go?Jul 27, 2012
- Ditch CNN InternationalJul 27, 2012
- that would be really nice wouldn't it?Jul 28, 2012
- you bring up a side of CNN that I didn't realize existed. I've always wondered how they make money, since they are dwarfed by MSNBC and FOX in viewership, but I hadn't taken into account the international side of their business model. The clip was absolutely brilliant. CNN is masterful at "leaving it there," right before the point where they could actually do news.
So, if CNN decides to not take news seriously we're not really left with much hope, at least on the cable front. Is there any chance of anyone (other than Atlantis News Network) doing real news any times soon?Jul 28, 2012