NO, GOOGLE! I'm you're damned fanboy and this is wrong. You must support RSS. It is a technology of openness and you depend on openness.
Hey, Google -- not even remotely OK.
453 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 131 previous comments
- Mar 14, 2013
- Chill out guys. There are alternatives and they seem to be capitalising on the news by making the transition as easy as possible. You'll be fine.
I was devastated when they killed off Google Listen (their podcast app). Eventually I moved over to Pocket Casts and found it to be loads better. Change is a good thing sometimes :-)Mar 14, 2013
- Life as we know it IS ENDING and you're telling us to chill? :-)
Yes, this is clearly a "first world problem" but like Wave, Buzz, Google Listen, and other products I'm probably forgetting, it's hard to embrace the Google ecosystem when we don't know which product they're going to kill off next. Had Google Wave taken off would they have killed GMail? After all it was supposed to be what email should have been?Mar 14, 2013
- That's true, there is always a risk that a service that you use will be killed (with any company, not just Google). However, Google have a track record of being very helpful in the migration process because of their data liberation policies. They almost always give you a way to export everything that you put into a service so that you can transport it elsewhere before they pull the plug on it.
As for email and other core services, I think it would have to be some kind of apocalyptic event before they shut that down... Yahoo Mail is still going, and people have been saying that place has been on the rocks for years.Mar 15, 2013
- Nothing stopping someone writing a clone. If there's a need, there's a dev.Mar 15, 2013
- I agree. Totally agree.Mar 15, 2013