Works at Too Big to Jail, Inc.
Lives in Dallas, TX
Industrial Sanitation, VoIP infrastructure
- Too Big to Jail, Inc.present
Tampa, FL - Cincinnati, OH - Columbus, OH - Lexington, KY - Milwaukee, WI - Tulsa, OK
See Figure 1.
[Standard personal introduction cliches go here.]
If you've gone to the trouble to pull my profile and read this far, you already know that I don't post much -- I prefer to comment on other's posts. So it's safe to file me into one of your circles, I'll likely amount to 0.1% of your stream content. The things I might post about are, but not limited to, the stuff below:
* All things tech, with an emphasis on VoIP and Linux. I like my new Nexus 4 and run CM9 on an HP Touchpad I picked up during an HP firesale, but I am *not* a fan of small mobile / tablets for daily usage -- I have to have a real keyboard. Typing on a glass surface, especially a small one, is something I'll likely never get used to. I fought on the losing side of the OS wars of the mid-90s (OS/2 vs. Windows), that was enough for me. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's OK, I'm old. If you do know what I'm talking about, you'll understand more of my smartass comments in the frequent Android vs. iOS threads.
* Politics. I believe that good government is possible and very necessary. I own more than one gun, have a CCW permit and am absolutely for much stricter regulation of all firearms. I'm also not at all tolerant of the not-so-literate folks who showed up to wave misspelled signs and protest government spending or taxes or states' rights or whatever immediately after Obama was elected.
* Music. I grew up listening to 80s music, which is very possibly the worst era for music since prehistoric humans were doing covers of Freebird and Brown Eyed Girl. There were a few exceptions, those bands make for some good discussions. Thankfully, the 90s redeemed music in general, the 00s didn't do too much damage and the '10s have been, so far, pretty OK. Except for dubstep, which is the only musical genre that makes me wish for the permanent hearing loss I should already have from concerts in the 90s. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to record robots raping one another with dental equipment?
* Sports. Primarily baseball, but still haven't completely gotten over the '94 strike. Mainly because my awesome and budget-poor Expos were so far ahead in first place and then, one day in August, the season was over. I do follow football (pro and college) and hockey, but only because it amuses me that there is pro hockey in Florida and Texas.
Still have and use my OS/2 coffee mug
Jeff Creed's +1's are the things they like, agree with, or want to recommend.
On Christmas, Republicans Quietly Declare War on Themselves
The party's establishment seeks to limit fools running under the GOP banner
How to change timezone settings on Gmail, Google Calendar etc.
Every time I go back and forth between the East and West coast of the US, I have to google how to change timezones on Google products, becau