My criminal record is blank.
My courage is intact.
I'm not a wretched of the earth, but neither am I a slave driver or a profiteer. I belong without shame but without excessive pride either, to this middle class that is targeted for extinction in any society that aims to level down.
I hold that race, creed and nationality, though significant, are finally irrelevant as they always fail to define anyone. But people want to reduce others to labels, to tick the check-boxes and believe they know them: "where are you from?" they ask...
I for one, have if not nurtured, at least welcome in my life many contradictions that resulted in an individual that can't easily be categorized.
So for what it's worth here it goes:
- Born and bred in France, I have spent most of my adult life "abroad". So I can say without the shadow of a doubt that grass is always greener wherever you water it.
- Raised a Catholic, I am now a determined humanist, married to a Muslim lady, also a humanist.
- Educated as a mechanical engineer, I chose Sales as my first job.
- Having acquired an MBA, I evolved to makeup artistry.
- Fifty-plus years old, I have lived one and a half family life (the "half" being going on)
- I have four beautiful daughters ranging from 24, 22 and 20 to a fizzy 8 years-old.
- I am an entrepreneur and a liberal.
- I want the social well-being of my fellow Man but believe in self-improvement more than assistance.
- I exercise to become older, not younger.
I live in Jakarta, Indonesia, where I am gradually building a socially responsible group of companies with the help of many talented individuals and a few loved ones.