Will it be girl #4 or boy #1? Find out here... A picture from August 24, 2015 of Schmoo 2 before we knew the gender: Here is when we made the announcement a few months ago:
I have a conundrum. According to the World Trade Organization (wto.org), about 75% of all global trade flows through indirect channels. In fact, there is an estimated 30 million reselling (non-producing) businesses world-wide across all industries. More tha...
Fun fact of the day: 75% of the World's GDP is sold indirectly through Channels and Partners. Amazon has 438,619 books on direct sales and only 180 on driving indirect sales. Hmmmm...
- ChannelEyesCEO, 2011 - presentChannelEyes just announced ChannelCandy - an Enterprise Mobile Platform designed for vendors to communicate and engage with their channel partners on the go. Running across virtually every mobile device, it puts real-time Partner Program highlights, news, alerts, and sales tools in the hands of the channel. Top Vendors, Distributors, Franchisors and Associations have chosen ChannelCandy to power branded Mobile Apps for their members and partners. Learn more at http://www.channelcandy.com
- AutotaskSenior Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, 2010 - 2011Responsible for developing and executing Autotask's strategy for growth into new market opportunities. Accelerating the growth of an industry leading suite of cloud based software products and building the Channel programs, marketing and sales execution into new markets and communities.
- Lenovo GroupDirector, Small and Medium Business, 2005 - 2010Develop and execute Lenovo's SMB strategy for North and South America. Design an innovative product/pricing portfolio and build the promotions and routes to market to grow Lenovo's share in this critical market segment. Work closely with key Channel Partners, Distributors, Retail/eTailers as well as consultants, ISVs and influencers.
- IBM CanadaBusiness Unit Executive, 1994 - 2005Invented a new approach to effectively cover “whitespace”. The Knowledge Worker Index, now in use world-wide with IBM in several product divisions, features a scoring algorithm to analyze industry, geography, buying behaviour, and employee size and proactively report sales coverage opportunities.
573 Columbia Turnpike, Suite 3B East Greenbush, NY
Jay McBain is an accomplished speaker, author and innovator in the IT industry. Named to the Top 40 Under Forty list by the Business Review, Top 25 Newsmaker by CDN Magazine, Top 50 Global Channel Influencer by Penton, Top 100 Most Respected Thought Leader by Vertical Systems Reseller Magazine, member of Global Power 150 by SMB Magazine, as well as Top 250 Global Managed Services Executives by MSPmentor. He is often sought out for keynotes, thought leadership and industry guidance.
Jay has spent his 21 year career in various Executive sales, marketing and strategy roles within IBM, Lenovo and Autotask. He is currently the CEO of ChannelEyes, who are reinventing the way vendors communicate, engage and enable their channel partners.
Jay currently serves as Chairman emeritus of the CompTIA Vendor Advisory Council and Managed Services Community. He is a Board member of the Channel Vanguard Council, Ziff Davis Leadership Council, CRN Channel Intelligence Council and STEP - Sustainable Technology Environments Program with InfoComm, and National Cristina Foundation.
Key areas of expertise include:
- Partner Channel programs, marketing and sales organization
- Partner development, Global sales and Enterprise sales
- Marketing organization, automation, developing value propositions for venture-backed SaaS
As a futurist, and long standing member of the World Future Society, Jay is an expert in Pervasive Computing which is the study of future computing models and the resulting impact on society, as well as Managed Services, Healthcare IT and Cloud Computing.
An avid blogger, community and social media expert, Jay has developed an innovative “dandelion marketing” approach engaging in a wide range of communities across dozens of channels around the world.
Jay has lived in Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Raleigh, and Albany, New York. He actively gives back to the community and has been on the board of the United Way, National Cristina Organization and Junior Achievement.
- University of LethbridgeManagement Information Systems, 1990 - 1994
- Henry Wise WoodHigh School, 1987 - 1990
- John WareJunior High School, 1984 - 1987
- BraesideElementary School, 1982 - 1984
- Sir Alexander MackenzieElementary School, 1978 - 1982