Well, the 24 hour mark has hit since picking up my iPhone 7 Plus 128GB in flat black. Here are my initial thoughts. Verdict: Ho-hum The acquisition process was more painful than normal. I faithfully stayed up to 3AM EST on preorder day and placed order for...
As a family, we love the cruising lifestyle. Charting new ground across the North East and seeing new sights every time. Here is a visual of thousands of miles of waters and ports seen to date. More detailed trip plans are here: http://www.jaymcbain.com/201...
OPTYX is a predictive analytics platform developed by the team at ChannelEyes that is 100% dedicated to indirect channel sales teams. It helps vendors by watching their partners, people and opportunities and providing real-time sales intelligence to drive m...
Jay McBain is an accomplished speaker, author and innovator in the IT industry. Named to the Top 40 Under Forty list by the Business Review, Top 20 Visionary by ChannelPro Magazine, Top 25 Newsmaker by CDN Magazine, Top 50 Global Channel Influencer by Penton, Top 100 Most Respected Thought Leader by Vertical Systems Reseller Magazine, member of Global Power 150 by SMB Magazine, as well as Top 250 Global Managed Services Executives by MSPmentor. He is often sought out for keynotes, thought leadership and industry guidance.
Jay has spent his 21 year career in various Executive sales, marketing and strategy roles within IBM, Lenovo and Autotask. He is currently the CEO of ChannelEyes, who are reinventing the way vendors communicate, engage and enable their channel partners.
Jay currently serves as Chairman emeritus of the CompTIA Vendor Advisory Council and Managed Services Community. He is a Board member of the Channel Vanguard Council, Ziff Davis Leadership Council, CRN Channel Intelligence Council and STEP - Sustainable Technology Environments Program with InfoComm, and National Cristina Foundation.
Key areas of expertise include:
- Partner Channel programs, marketing and sales organization
- Partner development, Global sales and Enterprise sales
- Marketing organization, automation, developing value propositions for venture-backed SaaS
As a futurist, and long standing member of the World Future Society, Jay is an expert in Pervasive Computing which is the study of future computing models and the resulting impact on society, as well as Managed Services, Healthcare IT and Cloud Computing.
An avid blogger, community and social media expert, Jay has developed an innovative “dandelion marketing” approach engaging in a wide range of communities across dozens of channels around the world.
Jay has lived in Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Raleigh, and Albany, New York. He actively gives back to the community and has been on the board of the United Way, National Cristina Organization and Junior Achievement.
- University of LethbridgeManagement Information Systems, 1990 - 1994
- Henry Wise WoodHigh School, 1987 - 1990
- John WareJunior High School, 1984 - 1987
- BraesideElementary School, 1982 - 1984
- Sir Alexander MackenzieElementary School, 1978 - 1982
- ChannelEyesCEO, 2011 - presentFounded in 2011, ChannelEyes is a global software company that is reinventing how vendors drive channel partner sales and loyalty. The SaaS platform includes ChannelCandy, the world’s largest mobile-first product for partners, as well as OPTYX, the first indirect sales workflow product to help sellers with predictive analytics and leverage big data science to drive more sales. ChannelEyes has received numerous accolades for its technology including being named a Cool Vendor by Gartner and one of the fastest growing companies in New York’s Capital Region by the Business Review. Learn more at: http://channeleyes.com/
- AutotaskSenior Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, 2010 - 2011Responsible for developing and executing Autotask's strategy for growth into new market opportunities. Accelerating the growth of an industry leading suite of cloud based software products and building the Channel programs, marketing and sales execution into new markets and communities.
- Lenovo GroupDirector, Small and Medium Business, 2005 - 2010Develop and execute Lenovo's SMB strategy for North and South America. Design an innovative product/pricing portfolio and build the promotions and routes to market to grow Lenovo's share in this critical market segment. Work closely with key Channel Partners, Distributors, Retail/eTailers as well as consultants, ISVs and influencers.
- IBM CanadaBusiness Unit Executive, 1994 - 2005Invented a new approach to effectively cover “whitespace”. The Knowledge Worker Index, now in use world-wide with IBM in several product divisions, features a scoring algorithm to analyze industry, geography, buying behaviour, and employee size and proactively report sales coverage opportunities.
500 Federal St., Suite 400, Troy, NY 12180