- JM Internet GroupSEO Consultant and Tech Journalist, presentDirector, in charge of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Social Media Marketing, and AdWords training and consulting. I provide both online training and in-person workshops.
- eg3.comSenior Editor, 2012
1230 Market St #709, San Francisco, CA 94102
I am Senior Editor at eg3.com, a web portal and email service covering hi-tech embedded systems on the Internet, founded in 1994. My Ph.D. is from U.C. Berkeley, and my B.A. is from Harvard. My MRS is my partner in crime and in life and my KIDS are what gives meaning to my life along with my PARENTS who are not an acronym but rather the two most wonderful Jedi masters I have so far encountered.
I really enjoy teaching Internet Marketing; so if you have questions, please reach out to me by email or call me at 415-655-1071. Happy to help!
- School of Hard KnocksSEO & Social Media, presentI am currently enrolled in the School of Hard Knocks - meaning, lessons (my friend) are not taught, they are learned. I am 'learning' SEO, Social Media Marketing, and AdWords by doing it. Never stop learning. Never give up. Never surrender. (Galaxy Quest).
- Harvard UniversitySEO and Social Media Marketing (with Al Gore), 1981 - 1985Tried to hook up with Bill Clinton while at Harvard but he was... uh... too busy for Al and me, so we invented the Internet instead. (Bill was very interested in IRC for some reason).
- University of California, BerkeleyCreation of the Internet (with Al Gore), 1986 - 1992At UC Berkeley - GO BEARS - I tried to hunt down Bill Clinton again but was stuck with Robert Reich, so he and I invented an algorithm to do fact checking on those who never really understood what C+I-X-M meant.
- Booker T. Washington High SchoolHigh School (with Al Gore), 1977 - 1981GO HORNETS! The best high school in Tulsa, in Oklahoma, in the USA, and in the World.
- Carver Middle School1977GO I CAN'T REMEMBER OUR MASCOT! But I did learn a lot about peanuts.
- Burroughs Elementary SchoolGO oh heck we were just in elementary school! But it was Burroughs Little School, the 1970s and voluntary desegregation of Tulsa, Oklahoma, of which I am a very proud participant.
- The WombPrior to elementary school, I was just a kid. Really are you reading my Google+ profile at this level of detail. You are creeping me out. Now go back to work, really! I mean it!
Facebook's Latest Update Shows It Wants to Beat Twitter at News | WIRED
Twitter has become one of the easiest, fastest ways to get and disseminate the news. Facebook wants to change that.
5 Ways to Beat Your Competitors With Killer PPC Ad Copy
Want to write winning PPC ad copy? Look beyond the “best practices” that everyone is using with these 5 tips.
Penguin: Google's Punitive Algorithm - And A Call To Google To Fix It
For many years, a staple of my discussions with people who had been penalized by Google was the following advice: “Don’t worry — at Google,
Keyword suggestion tool — Google suggest scraper — Übersuggest
Get thousands keywords ideas in a minute with this amazing keyword suggestion tool: Übersuggest is Google Suggest on steroids!
Google+ At 3 Years Old: Not A Ghost Town, But A Social Referral Graveyard
Let’s put it aside from the get-go: Google+ is not a ghost town. Without a doubt there are millions of people who use and value the social n
Google Drops Profile Photos, Google+ Circle Count From Authorship In Sea...
Google’s John Mueller has announced that Google is making a major change in the search results around authorship. Specifically, Google is dr
The war on Amazon is Big Publishing's 1% moment. What about other writer...
More people are buying more books than ever, and more people are making a living by writing them. Why do millionaire authors want to destroy
Learnings From SMX London: The Impact Of Social On Search
SEOs and Social Marketers speculate on the impact that Social Media marketing has on how well their websites perform in search results. Ther
Why Content Really Isn’t King and What Actually Is…
Ever come across a great blog post or slideshare and be surprised that it only has a handful of retweets or shares? Maybe you’ve created gre
5 Googley SEO Terms – Do They Mean What You Think They Mean?
Robots.txt. Google DNS. Penguin, Panda, and penalties. Duplicate content filter. PageRank. You've heard all these terms, but these words hav
The Ultimate List of Trending, Real Time Search and Social Search Websites
The successful man is the one who finds out how to connect with his target market before his competitors do.