I've had both my mom and my mother-in-law on Ubuntu for the past 2-3 years. Works great...
8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Yeah I just started getting into Ubuntu ... really like itApr 27, 2012
- Ubuntu is probably the best choice if you're going to try and set someone non technical up with a Linux install. The deal-breaker for me with most people I've tried to convert always seems to be Netflix.Apr 27, 2012
- wanna try but.. is it easy to uninstall n bring back pc to normal windows once we have it?Apr 27, 2012
- Hey, I'm a techie and I use Ubuntu! I've used it for 7 years now. I will install 12.04 today and will give Unity another try. I don't like Unity as much as my old gnome 2.x setup with Gnome-do and docky but it's good enough. I've tried other distros but none have run as smooth and hassle free in my current laptop (Dell with an ATI card and an i7 720QM).
I know what the article is trying to say but I think it generalizes too much with the headline.Apr 27, 2012
- Why you hate it???Apr 27, 2012