Attacked on Halloween by the notorious serial killer "John saw Mary" (a copycat criminal inspired by Typhoid Mary's more aggressive cousin, "Phillips screwdriver Mary").
42 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- She screamed that I'd disambiguated her hidden identity, after she'd lived for years under the guise of a simple transitive sentence.
(Photo credit: . Wielding the John saw: .)Oct 31, 2013
- Moral: Some parses just don't want to come out of the forest. Stick to Viterbi to avoid outing them. Happy Halloween.Oct 31, 2013
- : is Jason screaming in pain or at the joke?Nov 1, 2013
- p.s. Credit to Steve Abney for this interpretation of "John saw Mary" (it's in his 1996 article "Statistical Methods and Linguistics," http://www.vinartus.net/spa/95c.pdf).Nov 1, 2013
- I hate it when people take the john saw and don't bring it back to the john when they're finished. Toilet paper just doesn't cut it.Nov 14, 2013