- ChillBusiness Development Manager, 2013 - presentManage business development initiatives at Chill, including feature film acquisition. Chill (Chill.com) is a highly social, direct-to-consumer audience engagement platform where we are actively producing, promoting and distributing original content. We're backed by investors including Kleiner Perkins, William Morris Endeavor (WME) and Atlas Venture.
- DistribberDirector of Operations, 2012 - 2013Manage placement of independent films on platforms such as iTunes, Hulu and Amazon. Interface between content providers, encoders and platforms. Manage projects across internal and external teams. Maintain project trackers and ensure milestones and key dates are met. Evaluate operational workflow to identify problem areas and provide efficiencies. Manage relationships with clients, partners and staff.
- Filmmaking StuffFounder, 2009 - 2012Movie distribution consulting company with emphasis on helping independent filmmakers define target audience and create marketing campaigns specific to each title. Assist clients in getting movies seen and selling on popular VOD platforms such as Hulu, iTunes and Amazon. Additionally, company manages the publication of several trade specific books, eBooks and websites, including Filmmaking Stuff.
- ScenechronizeAccount Executive, 2009 - 2009Sold the value of an online production management platform to Hollywood movie studios. Was able to work my way into offices of hard-to-reach, busy movie producers. Completed deals on several studio projects.
- Lehman BrothersTerritory Executive, 2004 - 2009Wrote the book of business for western region of CampusDoor, a small start-up with focus on marketing loan products to senior executives at colleges and universities. Contribution resulted in increased market-share, profitability and expansion of the sales team - which made our company a valuable acquisition for Lehman Brothers. Consistently exceeded quota. Top 3% nationally. Awarded several new territories during tenure.
Jason Brubaker is a Hollywood based Independent Motion Picture Producer and an expert in internet movie distribution. He is focused on helping YOU make, market and sell movies more easily by growing your fan base, building buzz and creating community around your title.
Jason is a contributing author of The Independent’s Guide to Film Distributors, he is the founder of Filmmaking Stuff, a professional resource for independent filmmakers, and his articles on independent movie marketing and distribution have been featured in Film Slate, The Independent and Movie Maker Magazine.
Brubaker currently serves as the film acquisitions manager at Chill where he finds awesome films and helps indie filmmakers leverage the social window to get movies seen and selling.
Invite: Would you like Jason to speak at your next event?
- Bloomsburg University of PA
- Liverpool Hope University College