This is Part 1
This is Part 2
Excellent blog and I think your final paragraph is a must read for every customer considering making a new HR technology purchase. I loved the "decade" comment as well as many think that because of the SaaS subscription model it is easy to change vendors but in reality core HRMS projects are complex and there is some lock in with the vendor that customers pick.
I wrote about SuccessFactors Employee Central almost a year ago in this blog My Thoughts on SuccessFactors Employee Central (and am due for a follow up) but I have been extremely impressed with the speed and the amount of new functionality that has come in the past year. While there is a long road ahead and additional functionality needed (as there is for the competitors offerings as well) I feel that EC has the least technical debt of any SAP/SF offering and it shows with the amount of new functionality that is being released and will continue to come and that should matter to customers.
Lastly, I know that SAP/SF cannot share major customer wins unless they have permission of those customers (which is sometimes challenging) but I can tell you have been extremely impressed with some of the big names and big customers that have chosen EC over the past several months so there is some real momentum in the offering.
I made a choice to focus on EC and ECP shortly after you joined as I saw the trends toward SaaS based HR offering especially in North America, felt you would make a real difference, understood SAP had to make a huge investment given competitive pressure and glad to see the "trajectory" is going in the direction I expected.
- Forever 21SuccessFactors Consultant, 2013 - presentSuccessFactors Employee Central and BizX Implementation
- HCM ConsultantSAP and SuccessFactors Consultant, 1998 - present
- Eli Lilly and CompanySAP Senior HCM Consultant, 2004 - 2011SAP Global Enterprise Compensation Mgt (ECM) Implementation using ERP 6.0 EHP4 SAP Global Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Implementation using ERP 6.0 EHP4 SAP US Payroll Implemention of New Acquisition using ERP 6.0 EHP4 SAP US Payroll Divestiture using ERP 6.0 EHP4 SAP ERP 6.0 Upgrade from 4.6C SAP Compensation Management (CM) LTI Implementation using 4.6C SAP US Payroll full life-cycle implementation using 4.6C
- HR ExpertsHR Experts Author, 2008 - 2013Co-Author of Following Articles: Make the Most of the Employee Interaction Center with an Effective Org Structure Make the Most of Your Employee Interaction Center with SLA Agreements Improve Your HCM Employee Interaction Center Using BW Queries and Custom Reporting What's New and Exciting In Enhancement Package 4 for the Employee Interaction Center Use Standard Email Response Templates in the Employee Interaction Center Protect Your SAP ERP EIC Data with New Authorization in Enhancement Package 4 Understanding the Deployment Options for the SAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Use Employee Self-Service Web Requests to Make the Most of Your Employee Interaction Center
- Life TechnologiesSAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Consultant, 2009 - 2010SAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) full life-cycle implementation using ERP 6.0 EHP4
- ErgonSAP Payroll Consultant (Remote), 2008 - 2010SAP US Payroll Production Support
- TelstraSAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Consultant, 2010 - 2010SAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Blueprint using ERP 6.0 EHP4
- AmtrakSAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Consultant, 2009 - 2009SAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Blueprint using ERP 6.0 EHP4
- JetBlue AirwaysSAP Payroll Consultant (Remote), 2006 - 2009SAP US Payroll Production Support
- Deloitte Touche TohmatsuSAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Consultant, 2008 - 2009SAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) full life-cycle implementation using ERP 6.0 EHP2
- UPMSAP Payroll Consultant (Remote), 2007 - 2009SAP US Payroll and Outsourcing to ADP full life-cycle implementation using ERP 6.0
- Royal Dutch ShellSAP Senior Payroll Consultant, 2002 - 2005SAP US Payroll full life-cycle implementation using 4.6C
- Arctic Cat Inc.SAP Senior Payroll and Time Management Consultant, 2001 - 2001SAP US Payroll and Time Management full life-cycle implementation using 4.6C
- Boehringer-IngelheimSAP Senior Payroll Consultant, 2000 - 2001SAP US Payroll full life-cycle implementation using 4.6B
- InglesSAP Payroll Consultant, 1999 - 2000SAP US Payroll full life-cycle implementation using 4.5A
- SchlumbergerSAP Payroll Consultant, 1998 - 1999SAP Canada Payroll full life-cycle implementation using 4.0B
- St Jude MedicalSAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Consultant, 2008 - 2009SAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) full life-cycle implementation using ERP 6.0 EHP3
- 3MSAP HCM Consultant, 2012 - 2012SAP Global HR Shared Service Framework using ERP EHP6 FP2 and CRM 7.0 EHP2
- Gwinnett County Government2013 - 2013SAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) full life-cycle implementation using ERP 6.0 EHP6
- St Jude MedicalAP Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Consultant, 2013 - 2013SAP Global Employee Interaction Center (EIC) Phase 2 implementation using ERP 6.0 EHP6
- Business Software Inc (BSI)SAP Payroll Consultant (Remote), 2012 - 2013SAP US Payroll Implementation using ERP 6.0 EHP6
Jarret Pazahanick is a SAP Mentor, a SAP HCM and SuccessFactors Consultant, and Managing Partner of EIC Experts, who has specialized in HR Technology since 1998. Over the past 15 years, Jarret has completed 22 high profile, full life cycle HCM implementations for global Fortune 1000 companies, which have included Core HRMS, Payroll, Compensation and Shared Services.
He is SAP HCM Certified, SuccessFactors Associate Certified in Employee Central, Compensation and Performance Management and Goals, an author for HR Expert author, ASUGnews contributor, and a moderator and platinum level contributor on the SAP Community Network.
- Saint Mary's UniversityBachelor of Commerce, 1988 - 1993
HCM lessons and controversies – Q/A with Jarret Pazahanick
Last Friday, I had a lengthy and frank conversation with HCM consultant Jarret Pazahanick. I wanted to better understand what motivates Jarr
Oracle Aims To Simplify IT and Innovate Your Business
I was recently at Oracle Analyst World which is the vendor’s annual gathering of technology industry analysts. Its executives and others in
Twitter / JudsonOnDemand: There is a time/place for ...
Instantly connect to what's most important to you. Follow your friends, experts, favorite celebrities, and breaking news.
SAP details policies, pricing for linking cloud apps
SAP has laid out a set of pricing and policies for tying together its array of cloud-based and on-premises applications, providing some opti
SAP and SuccessFactors - "Proven" Integration is Hype
Early last month I wrote The Real Truth about SAP and SuccessFactors Integration to try to clear up some of the confusion in the marketplace
The Real Truth about SAP and SuccessFactors Integration
There is no doubt that integration between SAP and SuccessFactors is the top priority for most SAP HCM customers. Over the past month SAP ha
ASUGNews.com -- How SAP customers stay in the know
ASUGNews.com provides SAP news for the ASUG community and beyond, including information around SAP product roadmaps, SAP trends, SAP innovat