En af de mest syrlige kommentarer til Marius-affæren var en version af "betjent med ællinger"-plakaten, hvor man så giraffen Marius´ afhuggede hoved ligge på vejen foran betjenten. Hvad der jo var højst urimeligt overfor hæderlige danske betjente, der på ingen måde har været involveret i Marius' tragiske endeligt. Som man kan se nedenfor, har dansk politi fortsat stor omsorg for dyr.
"Efterfølgende fandt kvindens nabo en tredje plastickasse - denne gang med en kvælerslange på længere end halvanden meter. Kvælerslangen havde det skidt, så politiet bad kvinden og hendes kæreste om at passe slangen i en kort periode, så den kunne få varmen igen"
"Greetings from Seneca to his friend Lucilius.
1. Continue to act thus, my dear Lucilius – set yourself free for your own sake; gather and save your time, which till lately has been forced from you, or filched away, or has merely slipped from your hands. Make yourself believe the truth of my words, – that certain moments are torn from us, that some are gently removed, and that others glide beyond our reach. The most disgraceful kind of loss, however, is that due to carelessness. Furthermore, if you will pay close heed to the problem, you will find that the largest portion of our life passes while we are doing ill, a goodly share while we are doing nothing, and the whole while we are doing that which is not to the purpose.
2. What man can you show me who places any value on his time, who reckons the worth of each day, who understands that he is dying daily? For we are mistaken when we look forward to death; the major portion of death has already passed. Whatever years be behind us are in death's hands.
Therefore, Lucilius, do as you write me that you are doing: hold every hour in your grasp. Lay hold of to-day's task, and you will not need to depend so much upon to-morrow's. While we are postponing, life speeds by.
3. Nothing, Lucilius, is ours, except time. We were entrusted by nature with the ownership of this single thing, so fleeting and slippery that anyone who will can oust us from possession. What fools these mortals be! They allow the cheapest and most useless things, which can easily be replaced, to be charged in the reckoning, after they have acquired them; but they never regard themselves as in debt when they have received some of that precious commodity, – time! And yet time is the one loan which even a grateful recipient cannot repay.
4. You may desire to know how I, who preach to you so freely, am practising. I confess frankly: my expense account balances, as you would expect from one who is free-handed but careful. I cannot boast that I waste nothing, but I can at least tell you what I am wasting, and the cause and manner of the loss; I can give you the reasons why I am a poor man. My situation, however, is the same as that of many who are reduced to slender means through no fault of their own: every one forgives them, but no one comes to their rescue.
5. What is the state of things, then? It is this: I do not regard a man as poor, if the little which remains is enough for him. I advise you, however, to keep what is really yours; and you cannot begin too early. For, as our ancestors believed, it is too late to spare when you reach the dregs of the cask. Of that which remains at the bottom, the amount is slight, and the quality is vile.
#dailyphilosophy #seneca #stoicism #philosophy
- FreelanceFreelance philosopher, 2006 - presentPhilosophical counseling, public lectures, courses and writing
- Apps EduOwner, 2012 - 2013Training and advicing in the use of Google products such as Google Apps, Android, Chrome OS/Chromebooks, Google+/Hangouts
- Berlingske MediaTeacher at Berlingske eAcademy, 2011 - 2013Teaching employees at Berlingske Media how to get the most out of Google products
- Berlingske MediaServiceleader, 2008 - 2012
- Berlingske MediaGoogle support, 2010 - 2010
- Alsted Research2007 - 2007
- Institut for Opinionsanalyse2006 - 2006
- Bonnier2005 - 2006
- University of CopenhagenResearch assistant, 2004 - 2004
- University of CopenhagenInstructor, 2002 - 2002
- Berlingske MediaServicepartner, 2007 - 2008
- University of CopenhagenPhilosophy
Statuette of Mars-Cobannus - Unknown - Google Cultural Institute
A youthful figure wears a typical costume for the northern Roman provinces: a long-sleeved tunic, leggings, and a cloak fastened with a roun
Why Google plus was created, and stop crying about it.
Before google+ all of Google's products live in separate rooms, and could only contact each other through a phone call or an API. Youtube, G
Beskyt din iPhone eller Samsung Galaxy S med den super seje Hybride Smar...
Deal tilbud: Beskyt din iPhone eller Samsung Galaxy S med den super seje Hybride Smart Wallet!
Anmeldelse: Writing on the Wall. Social Media – The first 2000 Years. Af...
Internets delekultur ligger i direkte forlængelse af romerriget, reformationen og oplysningstiden. Industrialderens massemedier stoppede for
Facebook er en medievirksomhed, Berlingske en industrivirksomhed. dSeneste
Facebook, Google, Twitter og så videre er fuldfede medievirksomheder i direkte konkurrence med de gamle medier. De nye spillere på mediemark
VIDEO: Fox News calls Basic Income “A Great Idea” | Basic Income News
Discussing the Swiss Basic Income Initiative, Fox news commentators stress how many other programs government could cut if BI were introduce
YouTube has updated its comments system. Here's the YouTube community's ...
The YouTube comments section, I think I can say without hyperbole, shows humanity at its very worst.
De personlige nyheder er kommet til forsiden af The New York Times. dSen...
The New York Times har taget et lille men markant skridt mod de personlige nyheder. Indtil nu har medievirksomheder afholdt sig fra individu
Interactive eBook Apps: The Reinvention of Reading and Interactivity | U...
The invention of the tablet PC has created a new medium for book publishing. Interactive books are everywhere, and have revolutionized the w
LG G2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia Z1: The triumvirate
We’ve been enjoying an open season for a while, and yeah, the shootouts will keep on coming but it’s a different kind of game now. What we h