For example: Don't read Moby Dick; don't use it to cheat at poker; and don't watch 16 hours of YouTube movies back-to-back!
Awesome piece by !
My article with advanced tips on designing a great Facebook profile was just published to the Layers Magazine website where you can read it online, even if you're not a subscriber to for NAPP/Photoshop User Magazine (you can also find the article in this month's print version of Photoshop User)
Special thanks to Gilad Koriski, Serhan Koçak, and Kay Int Veen whose great cover designs are featured in the article.
Log in anytime Monday through Friday this coming week, or register to get a reminder email and access to bonus goodies: http://www.creativelive.com/photoshopweek
The Light on The Coast highlights the courageous (and often humorous) story of a small-town newspaper with a collection of stories from the 35 years that David was the publisher of the Pulitzer-prize winning Point Reyes Light Newspaper in Northern California.
David gave me my first job out of college, and I spent two years as a reporter at his fine little paper. I'm told a few of my old stories even made it into the book. http://sparselysageandtimely.com/book/
- DigitalFamily.comDigital Alchemist, 2000 - presentDigitalFamily.com is a full-service web design and training agency. As the creator and managing director, Janine oversees a wide range of digital design projects, as well as online learning and and training programs.
- creativeLIVE.comVideo Instructor, 2013 - 2013creativeLIVE.com is one of the most exciting new video training sites on the web. Built with a freemium business model, all of their courses are free while they are live and being streamed over the Internet. If you purchase a course, you can watch it anytime. Under contract with creativeLIVE, Janine has created and hosted a series of courses on web design, WordPress, Adobe Dreamweaver, and Adobe Muse.
- John Wiley & Sons PublishingAuthor, 1996 - 2013Wiley is one of the largest and oldest book publishers in the world. Under contract with Wiley Publishing, Janine has written more than 20 books, including Web Sites For Dummies, Mobile Web Design For Dummies, Social Media Design For Dummies (Jan. 2014), and every edition of Dreamweaver For Dummies.
- Lynda.comVideo Instructor, 2012 - 2012Created a course called< "Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website," which is only available if you subscribe to the Lynda.com library. For more information and articles on content strategy visit Janine's website at http://DigitalFamily.com.
- KelbyTraining.comVideo Instructor, 2009 - 2012Developed and delivered courses on web design, Adobe Dreamweaver, Cascading Styles Sheets, and more. You can order any or all of Janine's videos on DVD from her site at http://DigitalFamily.com or you an subscribe to the KelbyTraining library for full access to all of their courses.
Janine Warner's best-selling books and videos about the Internet have won her an international following and earned her speaking and consulting engagements around the world.
She is the creator of DigitalFamily.com, a full-service interactive design and training agency that offers web and mobile design, content strategy, and internet marketing services.
Janine’s skills as a “techy translator” helped her land the deal for her first book in 1996. Since then, she’s written or coauthored more than 25 books about the Internet, including Web Sites For Dummies, Mobile Web Design For Dummies, and every edition of Dreamweaver For Dummies. She’s also created more than 50 hours of training videos about web design and Internet marketing.
Janine has taught courses at the University of Miami and the University of Southern California. She's also been a guest lecturer at more than 20 other universities in the U.S. and Latin America, and she helped create an Internet Literacy program for high school students in Central America.
She is a member of the TV Academy's Interactive Media Peer Group and has served as a judge in the Interactive Emmy Awards, the Knight News Challenge, and the Arroba de Oro Latin American Internet Awards.
In 1998, her experience as a journalist and Internet consultant, combined with her fluency in Spanish, took her to The Miami Herald, as the Online Managing Editor. A year later, she was promoted to Director of New Media. She left that position to serve as Director of Latin American Operations for CNET Networks.
Janine has run her own business since 2001. Over the years, she's worked with one of Russia’s largest publishing companies in Moscow; traveled to New Delhi to speak at Internet World India; and worked with journalists and publishers in Colombia, Chile, Brazil, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua El Salvador, Mexico, and Spain.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst1986 - 1990