Chapter 3: Out on the Cove Dan decided he wanted to take Maddie out on the cove, so I invited Buffy along and off we went: four kayaks, four people, three vehicles. Okay, not very energy efficient, but lots of fun.
Chapter 4: Family fun on the 4th…and shrimp burgers. Kara’s in-laws and Dan were nice enough to invite me to join them for their 4th of July picnic. Dinner was delicious, with Evan’s first attempt at shrimp burgers being a big hit with me. Oz was in fine…
Chapter 2: Dan, Maddie & Janeson’s Big Adventures. Click a pictures to see a larger version in a new window. Maddie meets Stripey. On Saturday, Dan invited me to join him and Maddie on hike to Roaring Run. When they came by to pick me up. I invited them…
My friend Dan’s son Evan, daughter-in-law Kara, and their kids Maddie (properly Madeline, age 10) and Oz (property Oscar, age three, going on four) are visiting from Spain. Dan has been kind enough to invite me along on some of their adventures. As a…
- Andrew Lewis High School, Salem, VA1977
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA1977 - 1978
- Virginia Western Community College, Roanoke, VA1978 - 1979
- Roanoke College, Salem, VABA, Psychology, 1979 - 1981
- Radford University, Radford, VAMS, Special Education for Emotionally Disturbed Students, 1982 - 1983
- Hollins College, Roanoke, VACAS, Computer Studies, 1992 - 1993
I'm on my fourth career. I started JTKWeb in January, 2001, and I specialize in website design, development, search engine optimization, and submission. Visit my business web site at www.jtkweb.com or my Google+ page at https://plus.google.com/+JTKWeb.
I've been told that I have a twisted sense of humor. One of my favorite games is to think of three things that I don't want to see on the checkout together at Walmart. I think that any place that sells chain saws, Mazola oil, and underwear is a little bit scary. Read more about me on my blog at janeson59.com
I'm on the computer a lot, but when I venture out into the Big Blue Room, I enjoy kayaking, hiking, and walking.
In addition to having my own business, I'm Staffpurrson to Stripey, who tweets @ThatStripeyCat, and typist for her sisfur, Cammie, who occasionally tweets from over the rainbow bridge @HerGraceTheCat. I have "cattoos" of them on my left upper arm.
- JTKWebOwner, Website Designer, Developer, Consultant, Developer. SEO Specialist, 2001 - present
- Valley Business FRONTNetFRONT Columnist, 2009 - 2011
- Salem City (VA) Public Schools, Salem, VASpecial Education Teacher, 1984 - 1990
- Virginia College, Salem, VAInstruction, Director of Education, 1993 - 1995
- Hollins University, Roanoke, VALecturer in Computer Science, 1993 - 2001
- National Business College, Salem, VAInstructor, 1995 - 1999
The Value of, and Steps to Design, the Perfect Website
The idea of designing your own website may seem challenging if you've never done it before ... but it doesn't have to be. Even with new tren
Gratitude: Progress On Upgrading the Christmas Parade
Today I am grateful for: A Roanoke City manager and those below him who are showing an enthusiastic willingness to listen to the complaints