Start a hangout
Works at Chicago Tribune
Attended University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Lives in Chicago
- Chicago Tribunemanaging editor, 2008 - present
- RedEyeeditor, 2002 - 2008
- Chicago Tribunenational/foreign news editor, 2000 - 2002
- Chicago Tribunecopy editor/copy desk chief, 1990 - 2000
- Daily Nebraskanmanaging editor, 1986 - 1989
- Dairy QueenIce cream cone/dilly bar maker, 1983 - 1983
Lincoln, Ne - orlando, fla
Jane Hirt, Chicagoan.
Jane Hirt lives in Chicago, but grew up in Nebraska, first in tiny Wayne and then Lincoln. She graduated from Lincoln Southeast and then the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She's spent her entire career in journalism--all of it at the Chicago Tribune, with a side trip to RedEye.
Jane Hirt: Has a green thumb, darling nephews and has traveled a lot.
- University of Nebraska–Lincolnbachelor's of journalism, 1985 - 1989