- Center Theatre GroupMarketing Creative Manager, 2013 - present
- The Huffington PostFeatured Blogger, 2009 - 2013
- Lincoln Center for the Performing ArtsDigital Content Editor, 2011 - 2013
- BroadwayWorld.comSenior Editor, 2011
- American Museum of Natural HistorySenior New Media Specialist, 2011
- Nederlander Producing Company of AmericaDigital Media Consultant, 2011
- The Hollywood ReporterFeatures Writer
- Entertainment TonightProduction Assistant
- KHTSOn-Air Host
- KLLYOn-Air Host
- American Forces NetworkBroadcast Journalist
- Lincoln Center for the Performing ArtsBlogger-in-Residence
James Sims is the Marketing Creative Manager at Center Theatre Group in Los Angeles, managing social media, digital advertising, content creation and email marketing. Originally from L.A., he spent the last five years working in NYC, where he moved for graduate school at Columbia University. In NYC, he worked for the American Museum of Natural History—he was honored with a Webby Award in 2012—and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, managing social media and digital content. Always focused on the arts, he also works as a featured theatre writer for The Hollywood Reporter, BroadwayWorld.com, The Huffington Post and TheWrap.com. Prior to working in the arts, James served in the U.S. Air Force as a radio and television reporter for American Forces Network.
- Columbia University's Graduate School of JournalismM.S. Digital Journalism, 2009
- California State University, NorthridgeB.A. Broadcast Journalism
- Saugus High
- Defense Information SchoolBroadcast Journalism
James Sims | Opening Night of “Harmony” at the Ahmanson Theatre
I recently filmed and edited the opening night coverage of Barry Manilow and Bruce Sussman's
James Sims | Broadway Needs a Swift Kick in the App
It's time for arts-related mobile apps to get micro, right down to the seat you're sitting in, and extend the storytelling experience throug
Adding Music to Movies by Way of the Stage: Sleepless in Seattle to Kink...
Glancing at the shows nominated for Best Musical for this year's Tony Awards, it is easy to mistake the list as being a Hollywood box office
See Gorillaz Jamie Hewlett’s New Character for Monkey: Journey to the West
It's for Monkey: Journey to the West's upcoming NYC shows.
Are Ballerinas Dog or Cat People? Instagram and the New York City Ballet
George Balanchine once said, "See the music, hear the dance." Perhaps Balanchine's successor, Peter Martins, can add, "See the music, hear t
Review: Bette Midler is Infectious in Broadway's 'I'll Eat You Last: A C...
There is a moment in Broadway's "I'll Eat You Last: A Chat with Sue Mengers," as the one-time Hollywood agent extraordinaire is perched on h
6 Seconds on Broadway: How Vine Could Revolutionize Theater Promotion
Co-authored by Daniel Vahab. Just three short months ago, Twitter launched a new social video-sharing site Vine, a mobile application that a
Who should win a Webby for Websites / Art? Vote now.
Vote with me! – April 9th – 25th.
Rudin’s $9.1 Million ‘Mormon’ Said to Pay Back 30% to Investors Since Open
With hopeful pilgrims camping out daily on West 49th Street for standing-room tickets to “The Book of Mormon,” Broadway’s biggest hit in yea
Broadway Means Big Business Across America | Broadway Direct
Broadway means big business for the city of New York, as this past season brought in nearly $10 billion for the local economy, grossing upwa
The Globe's Shakespeare, Coming to a Movie Theater Near You ...
Summer is underway, and that means it's time for Shakespeare. What's a warm June or July without a production of a Shakespearian cla