- Florida Institute of TechnologyMBA Internet Marketing, 2012 - 2014
- University of Central FloridaEnglish, 1992 - 1996
- Saint Petersburg CollegeEnglish, 1989 - 1992
- Bisk EducationResearch and Development Manager, 2014 - presentMy role as the research and development manager allows me to fully embrace my intrapreneurial spirit. My overall goals is to provide functional, technical and process leadership while managing the Research and Development Department. However, I also develop and implement research and development procedures and techniques while also helping senior management and internal clients to understand the results and implications of research and development initiatives. I perform technical diligence and manage initial contact with potential partners. These partnerships can also include working with local tech innovation hubs like Tampa Bay WaVE. My duties also require me to select, supervise, train, and direct the work of Research and Development staff as well as supervise a number of diverse types of products and services. We are tasked with the design working prototypes for a variety of proposed products or services, and develop proof-of-concept solutions to prove or disprove validity of proposed products. We also develop organizational standards and processes in order to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of complex product services. In addition, I advise on the appropriate solutions to product design and development problems, as well as create and introduce new techniques that expedite or simplify the development process.
- Bisk EducationSenior Instructional Designer, 2011 - 2014Implement Instructional Design principles and best practices such as Bloom’s Taxonomy and adult learning principles to create engaging, interactive multimedia, and web-based content, as well as apply appropriate learning strategies. Instrumental in creation and roll-out of business and media strategies for curriculum development department as we implement an entirely new approach to our online course development. Create detailed plans that map out project objectives and help organize courses. Apply strong project management skills that enable me to document and communicate web-based project plans. Design comprehensive storyboards, plan, organize, and conduct video shoots, and create post-production media. Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills while collaborating with partner faculty, the design team, subject matter experts, IT developers, and production personnel. Combine out-of-the-box methodology with technical skills to build course ware, design graphic and interactive concepts for each project, and provide graphical art/media direction. Provide leadership and support to instructional design team members and remain a proactive voice with regards to strategizing and implementing new technologies and support services.
- Nielsen Media ResearchInstructional Designer, 2007 - 2011Employed the ADDIE design model and Bloom's Taxonomy in designing and developing online courses. Created detailed project plans and scope documents that mapped out project objectives. Provided comprehensive storyboards to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and developed interactive tutorials for final delivery. Collaborated with SMEs throughout the entire development lifecycle in order to create effective web-based training for internal and external clients. Combined out-of-the-box methodology with Photoshop skills to create custom graphics and interactions for each project.
- Sunbelt SoftwareTechnical Writing Manager, 2005 - 2007Developed and managed technical documentation to meet the demands of end-users for anti-spyware products. Maintained excellent relations with developers, Software Quality Assurance, and Customer Service in order to insure the accuracy of all documentation. Consistently received positive feedback on the successful management of translation and localization for all major product lines.
- Teltronics, IncTechnical Writer, 2004 - 2005Effectively employed information mapping principles in creating print and online documentation. Successfully implemented technical design skills when creating user guides, online help, quick reference guides, and tutorials. Displayed interdepartmental communication skills in interviewing and working with developers and trainers. Utilized knowledge and experience with French to verify basic translations for documents and source code.
- SwapcomTechnical Editor, 2001 - 2002Implemented information mapping design techniques in creating print documentation for clients of a French-based mobile software development company. Successfully managed all technical writing projects as well as acted as a liaison between the development and marketing departments. Created a process that included planning and editing cycles between the technical documentation department and development teams, standardized formats for all documents, and a central hub for all documentation and corporate communication.
- AjilonTechnical Writer, 1999 - 2000Applied technical writing and design principles in creating print and online documentation. Utilized extensive Robohelp experience to develop online documentation and context sensitive help, as well as design documentation for web-based application. Effectively managed time sheets, status reports, and general concerns for 12 consultants.
- Phoenix InternationalTechnical Writer, 1998 - 1999Implemented concise procedure-based design for print and online documentation projects. Employed information mapping principles when developing print documents as well as online help. Created online help standards and trained other members of writing team on creating and designing online help.
- The FundTechnical Writer, 1996 - 1998Used a variety of technical documentation techniques to create print and online documentation. Successfully managed projects that ranged from detailed technical information and procedures for developers and engineers to lighter instructions and overviews for the average layperson.
- GTI/PTT TelecomTechnical Writer, 1995 - 1996Designed, wrote, and edited print documentation for an international telephone card company.
Free Stock Photos at - Totally Free Stock Photography and Textures!
Free stock photography for commercial or non-commercial use at freerangestock.com. High-resolution stock images and textures for FREE. Not j
Disney puts your face on a 3D-printed Stormtrooper for $99.95
Disney's Hollywood Studios is giving you the opportunity to put your face on a 3D-printed Stormtrooper figurine as part of its Star Wars Wee
Social Networking’s Pavlovian Reaction: Where’s The Balance
Social Media is addicting. The intensity and complexity of life has increased exponentially. Relationships are stressed by “busy-ness” and o
Cloud 101: What the heck do IaaS, PaaS and SaaS companies do? | VentureBeat
Anyone who who follows technology trends has undoubtedly heard the term "cloud service" thrown around few gazillion times the past few month
What The Wall Street Journal Didn’t Tell You About Google Plus | Media T...
The Wall Street Journal did not share a link to the report they quoted in this instance. What else is in the report that they are afraid to
How Passive Income is Like Gardening | Afford Anything
How Passive Income is Like Gardening
62 things you can do with Dropbox | Web | Macworld
We asked readers, "How do you use Dropbox?" We were flooded with replies. Boiled down, here are their top tips.
Social Media News and Web Tips – Mashable – The Social Media Guide
Social Media news blog covering cool new websites and social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter, MySpace and YouTube. The latest web techno
TechCrunch | Surprise! OS X Mountain Lion Roars Into Existence (For Deve...
Confirmed: Apple can still surprise. On July 20 of last year, Apple began a journey. With OS X Lion (aka OS X 10.7), the company started
You Know The Basics, Now What: Advanced Google Plus Suggestions
Information from advanced users on how to get people engaged, how to measure your engagement and hints on the tools and techniques they use
Social Networking Use: The End of Communication As We Know It?
Are you seeing any changes on your communication patterns due to this brave new world of social networking?
Infographic: How New Technology Has Changed Business 1970-2012
To quote Bob Dylan, the times they are a changin'. And the times have changed for businesses and how they use various tools as compared to t
How to be a better venture capitalist: Run a startup
Editor’s note: Serial entrepreneur Steve Blank is the author of Four Steps to the Epiphany. This story originally appeared on his blog. V