I'm sitting here at my son's bowling league writing this and I realize this is the best notebook I've ever had. It has an excellent boot-up time and shuts down even faster. I have a single app that does writing, revision, brainstorming, mindmaps, and even d...
Perhaps I'll be able to squeeze some drawings in here and there, but for now, I'll leave you with my koala bear.
(Every once in a while I get a little thoughtful. Don't worry, I'm sure it will pass soon.) I was leaving the gym today and it reminded me of an experience last semester. That day, I was leaving the gym after racquetball. When I came to the stairwell, there...
I have two recommendations for you to consider:
1. Barque plates. You copy what you see. They're great for learning angles and distances. They're a staple in the classical drawing student's first-year experience. You can do a Google search for "Barque Plates" and come up with many pages to download. I'd start with the eyes and other simple subjects. Here's an example:
2. Betty Edwards' book, "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain." It's been in print for decades. Several instructors at my school praise it highly. An older edition (which is just fine) goes for 25 cents plus shipping on Amazon. Newer editions (not necessary) are more like $12 plus shipping.
It may not be your style to use other people's educational tools if what you want is to have fun with a pencil and paper, but if you want to improve, there are good resources to help you along. (So you know where I'm coming from, I'm an intermediate drawing student, taking classes part time at an excellent art school, so I'm surrounded by serious students and respected instructors.) I hope this information is helpful. Good luck!
- Freelance Writerpresent
- Lock Haven UniversityDistributed Systems Specialist, 1997 - present
- CIU #101994 - 1997
- Keystone Central School District
- Penn StateSecondary Education - English
FiftyThree Pencil Bluetooth Stylus For iPad Review and Giveaway
A child picks up a crayon and marks a colorful line across a piece of paper. It's one of most natural human experiences: Tactile, haphazard,
Apple iPad Mini With Retina Display Review and Giveaway
The $399 iPad mini (16 GB Wi-Fi) with Retina display is over $100 more expensive than the 16GB Nexus 7. It's also $100 more expensive than t
Wacom Bamboo Create Pen and Touch Tablet Review and Giveaway
Over the past few years, there
LogYourRun.com - Online running log and marathon training programs
log your run is a free online running, exercise and training log which allows you to track your progress and train for events like marathons