All it says is that it doesn't look like the "average-citizen" has much, if any, influence on policy, and that when she does get what she wants, it might only be because her interests happen to align with those who actually wield influence. It suggests that rather than the Majoritarian Pluralism most often associated with the kind of system to which we purport to strive, in practice the US political system looks more like Biased Pluralism.
It's frustrating and disheartening, but stretching the results for the sake of a headline does nobody any good. Polarizing "Teh US is an Ogligarkkky" and "Liburul Eeleets at a fancy collage Hatez freedomz and sucksess" headlines from left and right-wing news sources, respectively; along with stories that ignore the actual results of the study, force the national conversation three steps back from the half-step most legitimate studies try to make forward, and feed into the problem that we're trying to pinpoint.
What I would love to see, but I don't know how it would be possible, is an analysis of how the average person's opinion is influenced by interest groups and the wealthy elite.
Then we can start really talking about the disgusting nature of for-profit, corporate-owned news outlets scientifically.
Not that we'd ever hear about a study like that, though.
I don't trust a single news source to tell me what this says honestly.
Here are some #foods that one must add to the summer #diet for a healthy body.
Summer season calls for a change in the diet and lighter meals, with more fluids, given the rising mercury levels and long days. Here is a list of some healthy foods, that one must include in their daily meal to remain fresh and healthy in summers -
1. Corn: That's right! A cob of #corn comes with a number of antioxidants, which prevent some harmful sun rays from affecting your skin. Not just that, these antioxidants also lower the risk of age-related problems.
2. Cold coffee: Switch your cup of morning #tea with a cup of iced #coffee for a fresh start to your daily routine. It is not just the freshness that comes with cold coffee that is good, it also lowers the risk of skin cancer, something that the scorching heat is known to cause.
3. Tomatoes: These veggies might be seen as a #salad item, but #tomatoes act as a natural sunscreen - protecting you against sunburn.
4. Watermelon: Amongst the favorite #fruits in the summer season is the #watermelon, which contains 92 per cent water and helps one keep hydrated. It also protects the skin against harmful sun rays.
5. #Cherries: These tiny fruits can help in inducing better sleep for people who have insomnia problems in the heat. They are also beneficial for people on a diet as they can help one get lean by decreasing the fat storage in one's body.
Isn't that what they said about the Nazis in Germany before they went nuts?
- A Finkl & SonsMachine Shop Coordinator, 2012 - present
I don't like making assumptions about people (Which isn't to say I don't do it, I just don't like doing it) and I don't like it when people make assumptions about me.
I'd mention my twitter here, but if you're on twitter and would want to follow me you can find it yourself. You lazy bum.
Bullseye from 1,000 yards: Shooting the $17,000 Linux-powered rifle
ARM CPUs, lasers, and Wi-Fi make firing this weapon an experience like no other.
Study Confirms Global Warming’s Existence | The State Column
Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, South Dakota, Wisconsin. Alaska, Georgia, Louisiana, Montana, North Dakota, Tennessee,
Twins Shocked To Learn You Can Score 2 Runs In Same Play | The Onion Spo...
MINNEAPOLIS—The fourth-place Minnesota Twins finally came to realize baseball teams can score more than one run in a single play when, in th
Quit Smoking Rechargeable Electronic Cigars and 5-Refills - Free Shippin...
Quit Smoking Rechargeable Electronic Cigars and 5-Refills - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
A pound of flesh: how Cisco's "unmitigated gall" derailed one man's life
As part of a legal battle with a rival firm, computer networking giant Cisco convinced the US government to have the opposing CEO arrested i
“Download this gun”: 3D-printed semi-automatic fires over 600 rounds
And the Department of Justice says there's nothing illegal about it, either.
Hey Atheists, Just Shut Up Please | VICE United States
I speak of a subtype of militant atheists who I’ll call the “Reddit Atheists.” It’s not enough that they don’t believe in God, they want to