Just saw Prometheus. Watching Alien now. My list of complaints to follow shortly.
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 9 previous comments
- It's only a prequel in the sense that it takes place in the same universe and before the events of Alien, but it doesn't end right when Alien startsJun 16, 2012
- From what I read online and observed from Alien, it could have happened simultaneously. I note that the crew of the Prometheus and the crew of the Nostromos were all employees of Weyland. I find it curious, that if Prometheus was set in the past that at least the science androids should have knowledge of the creatures, but Ash from Alien does not seem to.Jun 16, 2012
- (Ugh, why can't I edit from iOS?) I meant simultaneous to mean very close in time.Jun 16, 2012
- The androids would only know about the alien life forms if anyone from Prometheus eventually communicates it. That didn't necessarily happen.
Also, in this age of reboots, maybe the original Alien will be stricken from the record. I'm fine with being a separate storyline.Jun 16, 2012
- I find it unlikely that the robots would not immediately communicate their findings back to the company. Note that Ash and David are both in constant communication throughout both movies with "someone"...Jun 17, 2012
- True. David was in communication with the owner of the company, who may have had him programmed to secrecy until after his death.
But once his owner was dead, he could simply walk over to a radio, open a subspace channel and report back.
Jun 17, 2012