Maureen O'Donnell , award-winning obituary reporter for the Chicago Sun-Times, has been elected president of the Society of Professional Obituary Writers (SPOW). SPOW is a professional organization for folks who write about the dead for a living. Since 2007...
- The Huffington PostOvernight Editor, 2011 - present
- Night Owl NewsOvernight Editor, 2011 - 2011
- Yahoo! NewsOvernight Editor, 2007 - 2011
- Associated PressOvernight Editor, 2005 - 2007
- The New York TimesOvernight Editor, 2000 - 2005
Walker is a veteran journalist with more than 20 years of experience
covering international/national affairs, crime, the publishing industry,
new media and obituaries.
Ms. Walker is the overnight editor of The Huffington Post, and the former overnight editor of The New York Times, The Associated Press, Yahoo! News and Night Owl News. In her "spare time," she writes obits for The Blog of Death, produces The Written Word quote service and blogs for the Obituary Forum, Hooked From The First Page and Afterthoughts.
Privately, Walker enjoys writing, dreaming, cooking/baking, visiting cemeteries, going on book buying sprees, watching movies, travel, moonbathing and seeking immortality. She currently resides in a 100-year-old house in New Hampshire with her husband, Marcus Weir, seven cats and a dog.
- University of MiamiJournalism and Criminal Justice, 1991 - 1995