Also check out a nifty IJulia notebook that was put together to highlight some of the happenings in the 0.2 community: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/julia-dev/WvdgjER4zBM/discussion
A big congrats/thanks to all who have contributed to 0.2 and here's to 0.3!
- Carnegie Mellon UniversityMISM BIDA, 2013 - present* Currently enrolled in Computational Methods for the Smart Grid (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~zkolter/course/15-884/index.html), an applied machine learning course covering optimization techniques in power systems using publicly available supply/demand data for the electric grid in Pennsylvania (PhD level course) * The Business Intelligence and Data Analytics concentration involves additional data-intensive courses in advanced statistics, data mining, warehousing, hadoop, social media analytics, and a captstone project working with a real company on an analytics solution * Additional elective courses will cover advanced machine learning techniques, convex optimization, and predictive modelling
- Brigham Young UniversityBusiness Strategy and Economics, 2011
- Rigby High School
- BYU grad (Land of the Jimmer and sobriety)
- Politics: I love data, analytics, and am an economist at heart, so I try to stick mainly to factcheckers as my news sources as I've lost faith in mainstream journalism. On social issues, I tend to lean right.
- Tech Company Preferences: Google gets my $, though Apple still gets respect
- I'm fanatical about ultimate frisbee; I don't quite understand my obsession, but that I'm mesmerized by a flying disc
- My favorite desserts would have to be banana cream pie (don't forget the cream!) and anything funfetti....seriously
- I'm a lover of stories; books, movies, video games...no matter the medium
- Cats > dogs
- Grew up on old-school musicals, especially the cheesy ones
- I hate the alphabet and struggle to remember the order of letters
- Snack of choice: fat-free saltines, I always have a sleeve with me...
- Sports: College > Pros
- If I were ridiculously rich and was given one way to completely waste some of my money it would be in wearing a brand new pair of socks everyday.....love new socks.
- The thing I hate more than anything in this world is styrofoam. My wife will throw it on me occasionally just to watch me squirm.
- Gratefully married to an incredible woman
- and I'm a mormon (hey, not everyone can use that line!)
- Sears Holdings CorporationConsumer Electronics Analytics Manager, 2011 - 2013
Netflix Prize: Forum / Grand Prize awarded to team BellKor’s Pragmatic C...
It is our great honor to announce the $1M Grand Prize winner of the Netflix Prize contest as team BellKor's Pragmatic Chaos for their verifi
Papers The Data Linkage Project Publication 2010 HARRA: Fast ...
Publication. 2010. HARRA: Fast Iterative Hashed Record Linkage for Large-Scale Data Collections, Hung-sik Kim, Dongwon Lee, In 13th Int'l Co