I constructed the first public Superhero in the setting. It did not go as I expected. I would love to hear thought on this super or the setting in general.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- Anyway, I like your hero and even tried to make one of my own.
I rolled Birthright and Magic on origins/source ability, but as I specified powers more an more, can't think of anything else, other than making in an offshoot of Golem. Either scion or child. But how? It's a Golem, and Origins/Source doesn't even add up!
Like this (wizard did it):
Real Name: Talya le Fey/"Dusty"
Secret Identity: Has none
Powers (All powers are only available in alternate form)
* Stretching Wo++++
(Alternate power: Alternate Form/Fluid Form/Stretching/Damage Resistance)
* Burrowing Gt (Limitation: It's extension of stretching, more like fitting/squeezing through tight spaces)
* Force Field Gt Ablative; Dust)
* Super Senses(Penetration Vision, Spatial Sense, Circular Vision, Intiution Feats: Vision, Touch) Gt[20/5 Ranks] (Touch/Space Limitation: Same as with burrowing - if you can and do do touch it with your dust cloud - you can feel/see it)
Golems are supposed to not have a children. Also, Golems are supposed to be a fairy tale. But life always finds a way to defy our expectations.
Not much is known about what, when or why. It's just one day a teenage girl just appeared in middle of bank robbery, shouted something on hebrew and burst into dust cloud, disarming unlucky would-be robbers and forcing surrender them without much of a fight (except the mess). When first met with heroes she immediately spurted, that she's Golem's daughter, shocking everyone present. Later she explained, that her mother, Drusilla, met Golem years ago and thought, he was lonely. For a powerful sorcess, like her artificial nature of her boyfriend had mattered a little.
Of course no one ever heard of this "Drusilla le Fey" before nor after, but one appraising look and affirmative nod from Golem (who preferred to not clarify the details) was enough for heroes to accept, that apparently she's indeed his daughter. Even if a half-human from some alternate dimension.
She appears to be completely human and powerless, unless uses magical incantations to transform into her inherited form of dust cloud. Unlike her father, she is mortal, but appears to be unusually resilient and strong. It's unclear, as of yet, whether she can learn other forms of magic, like her mother, or just modify her alternate form.
[I would've put Dusty sometime around third "generation" of heroes.]15w
- so sometime around the 1970s?15w
I have another idea, but not random. Tell you later.15w
- I like having this character show up in the Seventies as it kind of Fits with that silver age weirdness and helps establish the legacy of the golem.15w
- Super sences are more complex, than I have thought initially. By that mechanic you get a bunch (choose number of feats of intuition for a partilcular sence or special super senses from the list, equal to ranks you have in your power stat; normally five).15w
- [P.S. Ethics-wise I see Dusty as a social pragmatist, judging others more on their actions, rather, than intents or beliefs]15w