1) "Measuring code quantity by number of lines is really silly" - it's not very accurate, but is a good way to provide a ballpark size of the job.
2) "Code that needs many comments should be refactored to be easy to read without them" - this is a long-running debate and is by no means answered! There are many developers in both camps and I take the view of "why not do both?". Code can always be clearer!
If you'd like me to review var dummy = '<500 lines of string literal>'; I gladly will :)
- OpenBetSoftware Developer, 2012 - present
- Siemens PLMSoftware Developer, 2011 - 2012
- University of WarwickUndergraduate Supervisor, 2010 - 2011
- University of WarwickMMath, 2007 - 2011
- Bablake Independent School2000 - 2007
Partying with Polish Football Fans Outside Wembley | VICE United Kingdom
Turns out they're just like English football fans, but more fun.
Newsflash for Tories: Being On the Dole Sucks | VICE United Kingdom
It's not the paradise for young shirkers that David Cameron imagines it to be.
Open House London 2013 events – This year's Open House highlights
Check out our the best venues to visit at Open House London this year. Discover London's secret locations with our guide to Open House 2013
Russell Brand and the GQ awards: 'It's amazing how absurd it seems'
The comedian on his evening at the GQ awards, from which he was ejected after cracking a joke about sponsor Hugo Boss
IndieGames.com - The Weblog The essential checklist for making an awesom...
IndieGames.com is presented by the UBM TechWeb Game Network, which runs the Independent Games Festival & Summit every year at Game Developer
Fate Amenable - Japan Diary Day 2 - Eastern Temples of Kyoto 京都
After a long night's sleep attempting to recover from the incredibly long journey out, we headed out on a walk to Higashiyama 東山区, a distric