- Saama Technologies, Inc.Vice President, 2015 - present
- CognizantSenior Principal, 2013 - 2015
- Managed Ventures LLCManaging Director, 1999 - 2013
- AllerganSenior Director, 2007 - 2013
- Rey Consulting Group, Inc.President, 1994 - 1999
- United States Air ForceCaptain, 1982 - 1988
- United States Naval Research LaboratoryResearch Assistant, 1980 - 1981
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResearch Assistant, 1981 - 1982
- XdriveChief Technology Officer, 1999 - 2000
- Gilead SciencesSenior Manager, 2006 - 2008
All views are my own and not those of my employer or any other organization or individual.
One person and one company at a time, I have helped transform culture and technology to build and improve the lives of the people who buy their services and products.
I bootstrapped three companies.
- I developed one of the first applications on Apple II for the Koala Pad. The Koala was the first iPad! The market just wasn't ready it, or for me.
- My second firm was named as Oracle Corporation's #1 Reseller and Consulting partner in North America. In exchange for for fair compensation, I handed the reins of this company over to a leading national system integrator and set out for my next venture.
- My team and I created a new drug discovery platform for leading firms including Eli Lilly, Novartis and Takeda. This technology replaced legacy PC applications when PCs were the cat's meow.
Beginning innovation at home, I have repeatedly reinvented the way I make an impact on this world. Here are a few examples:
I did my part to keep America safe for democracy as a Captain in the US Air Force, young consultant on the Strategic Defense Initiative program and lifelong supporter of the freedom we hold dear and fight daily to keep alive.
As digital become personal, I evangelized the value of an internet enabled customer experience, consulted leaders, conducted numerous process improvement programs as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, served on boards to help others in need, read more books than time permitted (thanks to a lot o long flights), and tasted strange foods all over the World.
When I wake early each day, I follow my quest to empower others to discover their passions and contribute to a better planet ... for all of us. I am writing a book to do just that: wortharisk.com
I am always eager to meet new people. Visit the links below and you will the cookie crumbs leading to me:
All these words are my own, unless otherwise credited.
- Claremont Graduate UniversityM.S. Information Science, 1986
- George Washington UniversityB.S. Chemistry, A.A. Arts & Sciences, 1978 - 1982
- Morris Knolls High SchoolSenior year, 1977 - 1978
- Wakefield High SchoolSophomore through Junior Years, 1974 - 1977
- Thomas Jefferson Junior High SchoolFreshman year, 1972 - 1974
- Kaiserslautern American Junior High SchoolSeventh grade, 1970 - 1971
10 startups that are disrupting healthcare IT | CIO
Trailblazing into the healthcare marketplace, these 10 tech startups are bridging the gap between healthcare and technology to build a bette
The Looks We Look For: Makeup Trends Throughout the Year – Think with Go...
Searches for makeup hit a high in October as millions of people search for Halloween ideas and inspiration, but the pursuit of beauty never
How AIG Moved Toward Evidence-Based Decision Making
It started with the creation of a "Science Team."
Content Overload - Is It Okay To Stay Silent Sometimes? | Deanna Ayres |...
Content is King. It rules the strategies of many marketers and according to the "2014 Social Media Marketing Industry Report"by Social Media
If You Do Not Have An Online Presence, You Don’t Exist© | LinkedIn
It is the second decade of the 21st century, and if you have not yet found your way in the digital world, you are being left behind. If you
The Responsive Organisation: A Framework for Changing How Your Organi…
The Responsive Organization is built to learn and respond rapidly by optimizing for the open flow of information. This is a framework you ca
Coca-Cola CIO: Cloud allows me to transform my IT team into business pro...
As Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated moves its non core and mission critical systems onto the cloud in the next three to five years, the IT
How To Preserve Customer Loyalty as Retail Brands Fade | ICC/DS
As consumers become better equipped to find the best products available, brand loyalty is quickly fading. Discover the value of a great cust