- CognizantSenior Director, 2013 - present
- Managed Ventures LLCManaging Director, 1999 - 2013
- AllerganSenior Director, 2007 - 2013
- Rey Consulting Group, Inc.President, 1994 - 1999
- United States Air ForceCaptain, 1982 - 1988
- United States Naval Research LaboratoryResearch Assistant, 1980 - 1981
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResearch Assistant, 1981 - 1982
- XdriveChief Technology Officer, 1999 - 2000
- Gilead SciencesSenior Manager, 2006 - 2008
+1-773-340-0002 (Google voice), **CRAWFORD
All views are my own and not those of my employer or any other organization or individual.
- Claremont Graduate UniversityM.S. Information Science, 1986
- George Washington UniversityB.S. Chemistry, A.A. Arts & Sciences, 1978 - 1982
- Morris Knolls High SchoolSenior year, 1977 - 1978
- Wakefield High SchoolSophomore through Junior Years, 1974 - 1977
- Thomas Jefferson Junior High SchoolFreshman year, 1972 - 1974
- Kaiserslautern American Junior High SchoolSeventh grade, 1970 - 1971
While this interview was conducted by my esteemed colleague at , please temporarily suspend your thoughts about the bias you may think I have (although I gotta tell you, this is the best job I have EVER had).
DJ Patil offers some amazing insights on this topic. He recently published this article on O'Reilly, which also has the link for the free eBook.
"A new technology developed in the UK, which takes any photo of an outfit and recommends similar items, is taking the US by a storm. The unique FindSimilar software has been made publicly available ahead of the busy Christmas shopping season.
The software, created by London based Cortexica Vision Systems, uses FindSimilar software to mimic the way the brain processes images and finds similarities. A picture of an item of clothing can be analysed by the software which then delivers similar alternatives."
1. Content must be relevant and audience specific - it's about them , not you
2. Wearables, wearables, wearables
3. Lots of portable (and affordable) phone charging gadgets
4. Your data is yours - take ownership and use it all to self-quantify and improve your health/work-life balance/effectiveness etc
5. Use your fans to create content, not just to engage with it
6. Social is dead, the customer is king, but socializable content is still queen
7. Big data is big news and we haven't even started to scratch the surface of what it can do or be used for
8. Everyone still loves cats and music videos, deal with it (and learn from it)
9. Share, collaborate, work with others, and then share some more - true genius comes from scenes, not individuals
10. You can never eat too much BBQ or fried chicken...
It is a visualization of air traffic in Europe over a 24 hour period. It was created from actual flight data.
Indian Techies Develop LeChal, World's First Interactive Haptic Footwear
The Real Reason Your Website Visitors Aren’t Buying
Are you missing your conversion goals? Here's the real reason your site visitors aren't buying. Hint: It has nothing to do with your website
Vanity Fair Report: Google Glass Broke Up Founder Sergey Brin's Marriage
Google founder risked ostracism, divorce and a hefty lawsuit by romancing the "face" of Google Glass and its marketing manager, Amanda Rosen
ShopFlash App Aims to Make In-Store Shopping Better Through Google Glass...
ShopFlash is a new — as in not finished yet — app that its makers are hoping will make in-store shopping easier and maybe even fun. When it’
Infographic: Shutterstock's Global Design Trends 2014
For our third annual infographic, we use data from our 350 million all-time downloads to explore recent and emerging trends from around the
MediaPost Publications The Cool Vs. Creepy Scale In Mobile Shopping 09/1...
The Cool Vs. Creepy Scale In Mobile Shopping - 09/10/2013
Mapping the World with Google Glass, Tango and Cash - Glass Almanac
Project Tango is Google’s new project that aims to give mobile devices a human-scale understanding of space and motion. If Google combines t
The Three Basic Secrets of All Successful Presentations
Communicate your ideas effectively by making your presentation or pitch understandable, memorable and emotional.
Get the Most Out of LinkedIn by Finding the Right Groups | Social Media ...
How to find the right LinkedIn Groups for your niche.
Kindle Vending Machine Shows How Amazon Could Take Over the World | Wire...
Amazon reinvented shopping with its online store. Why not do the same offline? Perhaps the humble vending machine is where that starts.
Google Glass Gains All Kinds of Functionality with Official IFTTT Channe...
Google Glass took not one, but two big steps in the functionality department yesterday. You already know about the sneak preview of the new
The Ur Industry of Digital Transformation - IME | Social Media Today
How information, media, and entertainment is the beginning point for understanding how all companies and industries will be transformed by s