Liveblogging notes from State of Search Conference #stateofsearch
- Good Picture, Face: your picture matters!
- Your picture should be a simple picture of your face - be large and zoomed in on your face. Everywhere else you participate, this picture gets small.
- Get Across in 175 Characters - Use a Benefits-Driven Statement
- Features Tell, Benefits Sell
- Present the benefits - who you are (Example: CIO, Simplifying Complex Strategies for Social + Web Marketing)
- Ask people in their industry what their hot buttons are and put them in there
- Headline is opportunity for first-line of contact to influence you
> Summary - write in 3rd person, In Short/Long Version, Brag (Don't be Shy!), Use Video + SlideShare
- Add Companies, You Are Connecte, To Under Experience
- Add Forbes as a Company You Work For (Show up on your profile); now are able to connect with anybody on Forbes who is an employee there (both write there)
- Helps on overall authorship
> Skills + Experience is Now Endorsements
- The reason LinkedIn did this is a traffic play - send people an email that you've been endorsed, this drives you back the site as a visitor
- Test: Send out endorsements, nobody gave endorsements back or visited
- Connect with everybody if you use LinkedIn as a marketing platform
- Filter our people who you may not trust with your connections or how they engage themselves
- Spend most of your time and focus on these
- Either you own a group or join one
- Main function of groups is discussions: Start them or Join Them
- Steal groups from ones people already have
- Stop joining groups that are only your peers; start joining groups where your PROSPECTS are hanging out.
> Discussion Groups
> Another Person's Discussion
- Don't just point to yourself
- Write huge, long responses about things to consider, factors to consider, things that go wrong, things that go well
- When you dominate a discussion, add value. Be very focused. It can lead to business.
- Be intelligent about it; spend time. The exposure can be immense.
- People will visit your profile, see what you do. You can build a volley.
- Groups can give daily and weekly digests. The most popular discussions within a group are highlighted. This can go on in one big discussion for weeks.
- This is NOT a volume campaign. It's targeted to get you in front of the right people.
> OWN Discussion
- The key is: Fuel the fire
- Find the top influeners in the group (look on the side)
- Email them a personal message saying "I really value your opinion, would you mind sharing on my group discussion?"
- Come back with questions, discussion, push people to answer.
- Each other person's
(used to be 6 comments would get you as the top discussion. Your own comment is only 1/2 vote; other's comments are 1 full vote)
- Open rate on LinkedIn is high; all you need is 8 comments, that's it! 4 comments from other people, 4 comments from you
- Get Noticed Get FoundPartner, 2011 - present
- Jabez LeBret InternationalSpeaker, 2003 - 2012
- NordstromFinancial Anlyst, 2003 - 2008
Managing Partner at Get Noticed Get Found for Attorney's:
We specialize in Attorney and Law Firm Marketing getting attorney's websites and profiles ranked on Google and Local Listing's driving new clients with online marketing.
I have delivered over 700 presentations over the last 9 years to
organizations include Microsoft, Nordstrom, Deloitte, Boieng, GE to name
a few. As a financial analyst I managed a $33 million budget and
understand the importance of spending your marketing budget wisely.
Currently I am a partner at our agency and specialize in SEO, Social
Media Conversion, and Traffic Strategy for Attorney's.
Jabez LeBret Generational Speaker:
As a Corporate and Association Speaker on Generational Communication and Gen Y Leadership:
Give me 50 – 90 minutes and I’ll have your audience on their feet,
motivated to achieve high results, and equipped with tools they need to
become and create Gen-Y leaders!
I will make you 2 guarantees…
1) I will be the EASIEST speaker you ever work with. I often hold my own events and I understand that, as a meeting planner, you have a lot on your mind. You want a speaker who will show up on time, who will fire up your group, and will make sure everything goes off without a hitch.
2) I will make you look good. I guarantee that after I get done on stage, the leader of your group will walk up to you and THANK YOU for bringing me in. Believe me…this will happen.
Bottom line – I am looking forward to working with you and your group.”
As a consultant I can help your business leverage and use Linkedin and Facebook to produce results to your bottom line. I work with companies both small and large, showing them how to build successful online marketing strategies.
Please visit my website's listed above.
Keynote Speaker, Linkedin Strategist, Facebook Fan Page Conversion, Financial Analyst (Expense and P&L variance), Recruiting, Writing, Negotiation, Fund-Raising, Marketing, SEO
- Gonzaga UniversityMarket and Finance, 1999 - 2002
New Top 1,000 Twitter Accounts And Why Companies Should Pay Attention
Marketing departments need to move beyond seeking only engagement on social media channels and begin building a comprehensive social presenc
10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By ...
What are some simple and straight forward things to make yourself happier? We brought together the best research about what will make yourse
Your Brand As An API: Why You've Lost Control Of Your Messaging
This article is by Jabez LeBret, who has authored three books on technology and marketing and delivered more than 950 training presentations
Ninja Web Design and Graphic Design Intern - Law Firm Internet Marketing...
All Open Positions Title: Ninja Web Design/Graphic Design Intern Paid + Training: Will become a full-time position fall 2013 Locations: Cinc
Is Google Voice Hurting Your Local Search Ranking?
Google Voice, like other tracking numbers, may hurt your local search ranking. Because these numbers attempt to mislead the system, they can
How to Create Simple, Short Videos for your Business
Creating videos may seem like a daunting task, so here is a quick guide to creating 21 amazing videos for less than a grand. Businesses get
How To Hunt Down All Duplicate Content On A Site | Search Engine People ...
Duplicate content. You want none of it... Nada. Zip. Zilch.
Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh on Changing Business as Usual
There's a major shift is how business is going to be done in the next five years. Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh, undoubtedly, is one of the few