I've officially moved into the Chromebook Pixel for the next several days. Here's a quick hands-on tour as my journey begins:
71 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 20 previous comments
- Oh, so many things wrong with that post..Feb 24, 2013
- you are absolutely right. I believe that the Chrome OS can do everything and more of what the majority of consumers need to do on a laptop.Feb 24, 2013
- I am expecting to see the next review =DFeb 24, 2013
- I didn't see any mention about a slot for using a lock. Does it exist? (it saves my laptop every day in the lab. Stuff vanishes at the university...).
Also, I've tried working with Google drive as a Word alternative, but beside compatibility issues with Word documents, I found that I cannot zoom in/out the page, so on bigger screen the text is too small. Is it true for the chromebook version or is it only an issue of the web version?Feb 26, 2013
- No physical lock slot on the machine. As for zooming into Docs, you can use the "CTRL +" hotkey on any Chrome installation -- Chrome OS or Chrome browser on a regular PC -- to increase the size of elements on the page, as you described.
On the Pixel, you can also enable pinch-to-zoom mode to zoom into a page in a more traditional (i.e. tablet- or smartphone-like) sense.Feb 26, 2013
- Leaving this link here, in case anyone missed it -- my full review:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9237200/Chromebook_Pixel_review_A_luxury_laptop_for_life_in_the_cloudFeb 27, 2013