Dear: I get it. Please stop showing me this splash screen every time I open the app.
136 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 23 previous comments
- im still using 4.0 Pandora!Feb 10, 2014
- Incidentally, guys, this has now inspired a blog-based rant:
Android design fails: 12 stupid sins that need to stop
http://blogs.computerworld.com/android/23519/android-design-fails-12-stupid-sinsFeb 12, 2014
- FYI, this is a bug. It was supposed to only show once. It will be fixed in a future update.Feb 12, 2014
- Personally I've been fighting to get that splash screen removed for a while, but there's a lot of work going on there, and it's not going to be a quick fix. I've worked on apps at previous companies where it was just there for branding, and I'm absolutely opposed to those. In that case it functions as an interstitial ad for a product they already have in the worst possible place for an interstitial.
In this case real work is going on and we don't have any sort of timer to move past it. It moves on as soon as it's done. There's some major restructurings I'd like us to do that will reduce or eliminate the work done here, but that'll take time.Feb 12, 2014
- Thanks for weighing in and sharing all that info. Good to know.Feb 12, 2014
- Amen to that!Mar 13, 2014