Ask an Explorer
Google is letting anyone in US to purchase +Google Glass
tomorrow. It will be a one day sale only with limited quantities. If you're on the fence of acquiring a unit, or even just slightly entertained of the idea of getting one, you might want to get more information beforehand. Below you can find my honest opinions on why you should / shouldn't get one.Why you should get one
· You're planning to develop for Glass / wearable technology in general.
· You're a tech early adopter that like to explore the possibilities and the current lack of apps doesn't really bother you.
· You're okay with being the center of attention once in a while, most likely getting stopped on the street by curious strangers.Why you shouldn't get one
· You want a consumer product out of the box. Let's face it, Glass is still a beta product. Nothing more, nothing less.
· You don't like being the center of attention.
That's all I have for now. I might update it if I think of something else, but I think that should give a general idea.
In the meantime, let me direct you to the hashtag #askanexplorer
where you'll have the opportunity to ask some people about Glass. Please feel free to ask me about it in the comments as well.
A few people are doing a live Hangout tonight to answer some questions. Make sure to check their stream for links to join.+Keith Barrett
6 PM Eastern+Keith Achorn
8 PM Pacific