Happy Valentines Day!
Chocolate usually makes an appearance on Valentine’s Day, but resist the temptation to sneak some to your dog or cat. Chocolate, in any form, is toxic to your dog or cat. The toxic agent in chocolate is theobromine. It's in all kinds of chocolate, even white chocolate. The most dangerous kinds, though, are dark chocolate and unsweetened baking chocolate. Unlike dogs, most cats won't eat it on their own; they can be coaxed to eat it by owners and others who think they are giving the cat a treat. The dairy in milk chocolate may also be appealing to a cat – and also dangerous as adult cats don’t tolerate dairy as a kitten can. Eating chocolate can cause abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures and death.
Please be careful and enjoy your day+Island Trees Veterinary Hospital