AXA Shields are now hackable from all Portals worldwide, but more frequently throughPortals. With improved stickiness and damage mitigation, AXA Shields can provide Agents working to secure specific Portals with additional reassurance.
494 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 123 previous comments
- I just snagged one of these.Jan 15, 2015
- Acquired three of these here in the UK in the last four weeks from separate portals. When I used them they seemed to get blown away as easily as any other shield during an enemy attack. :-(Jan 31, 2015
- Dunno if this will get answered but how hard would it be to take a level 8 portal with 4 axa shields on it? I have 3 atm and my wife has one were not sure if we should do it or notApr 16, 2015
- The AXA gives 70 mitigation to a portal but the max is 90 no matter what. 4 AXAs can be stripped off using Ultra Strikes. Stand right on top of the portal. You'll be surprised how easy it is.
Oops, max mitigation is actually 95.Apr 16, 2015
- Does it take a hour for the AXA to "harden" before it has max shielding? The rumor is that it takes an hour before it is full power and until that hour has passed, it is as powerful as a VR shield.Nov 11, 2015
- so funny that you should mention that. I was literally just looking into the matter myself as I just became aware of this hotly debated potentiality.
From what I'm reading it may take much longer to reach its true stickiness rating. I've heard that the only portal that initially has its stickiness rating at full immediately upon deploy are common shields... Rares may take a day to harden and vrs 2 days and 3 days for axa. Either way it's definitely longer than an hour.
This idea rings true however based on my personal experience. I would like to think that rares also have rather immense stickiness upon deploy but that may not be the case.
The anecdotal observations of many seem to indicate that only common shields have their full stickiness rating available immediately upon deploy and that every other shield does not.
This is important because if you're just deploying vrs and axa on a portal endlessly to defend it from attack during an anomaly firefight scenario you might be completely wasting axas. And this is because while the axa would provide extra defense while it remained on the portal, that it simply would not sit there long enough to be worth even throwing it on.
Apparently some ppl just go for mad amounts of common shields over the others. Hmm, I guess if there's always 3 or 4 commons on a portal that it's at or near max mitigation the entire time regardless...Nov 11, 2015
Add a comment...