yes, yes, Robespierre was a sack of shit. The truth of the sentence remains, and is a lesson well-understood and well-implemented by the modern Neo-feudalists.
14 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- thank you for the perspective, and reminder that context is everything. Morality may be fluid in the moment, but the lessons pulled from the past must shape the ethics of the future. I know, that's a bit of a non-answer, but obviously it remains a bit of a philosophical conundrum - "do the ends justify the means" and all that.
Tangentially, it is funny how we - as a species - adore our warriors.Apr 13, 2015
- I agree with you and don't think at all that the end justifies the means, not for one second - actually, I don't believe in the end at all, just in the means, they are my end. It's just that it didn't seem right that he should take the blame for the whole time he lived in. We all are someone else's sack of shit once we do anything that matters.Apr 13, 2015
- Ah, here it is - where my views of Robespierre really started - http://icarusloofem.blogspot.com/2014/10/ironic-memes-conversation-killers-and.htmlApr 13, 2015
- Haaa, see? :)Apr 13, 2015
- Take out the 2nd "in" and it makes more cents. Check out Seattle protests today.Apr 14, 2015
- Also put "the" people after first "in".Apr 14, 2015