365 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 117 previous comments
- no point in buying.Apr 23, 2012
- Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 ARE the best looking Wii titles of all time (barring Skyward Sword and Prime 3). And I'm fairly sure that people can tell the difference between Mario Galaxy, Mario Sunshine, and Mario 64 once a ton of polygons start showing up onscreen. Each Mario game is better looking than the previous one.
"Mario has subpar graphics"
Mario Galaxy is one of the best-looking games on the platform. Clearly. Mario Sunshine had the best water physics of any title last generation. Mario 64 introduced the world to polygonal graphics, and analog control, and camera management on hardware that had no match on the PC in 1996. You need to seriously adjust this flawed statement.
"a reused story"
Name two Mario games that have the exact same story. Mario 1 and 2 (US) are drastically different stories, in entirely different worlds. Mario 3 exemplifies Mario 1 (Mushroom World instead of Mushroom Kingdom, and Bowser didn't kidnap Peach, his children did). Mario 64 involves power keys and stars, and Bowser's abuse of it. The game all takes place inside of one building. Mario Sunshine doesn't take place in Mushroom kingdom, and neither is Mario Galaxy.
LOL at this. Mario games are world-renowned for being THE BEST platformers in the industry- nobody comes close. Super Mario Galaxy 2 didn't get perfect scores because the gameplay was "subpar". Only fanboys would even think of making such a statement.
If you're complaining about difficulty, I dare you get every star in Super Mario Sunshine. The special stages alone in each level are more hardcore than any part of a GOW game on any difficulty.
GOW games are extremely linear by comparison, and do too much hand-holding. You can't even manipulate the camera, and the platforming is horrible. The hardest game in the series is Ghost of Sparta, and that's a PSP game! GOW's advantage is a great combo system and a variety of weapons to dispatch enemies. Otherwise, it's a fairly rudementary action adventure game with shiny graphics and high production values.
The fact you're even trying to compare the two makes me wonder if you're really a gamer, or just someone on the "it looks cool, so I'll play it" bandwagon like most of the anti-Nintendo fanboys out there.
If that's the case, then support your statements, or think about them more carefully.Apr 24, 2012
- whoa now sir ! Please don't take offense to anything I say it is just an opinion.
From the games that I have played super Mario 1-4 , sunshine, 3d land , paper Mario , allstars , the Wii 4 player Mario I haven't been impressed.
And look its ok to question my my argument but don't question me as a gamer . If you want my gamertag for Live and PSN let me know . I game I know games I play games , I could go toe to toe with anyone in gaming knowledge, skill , challenges , whatever.Apr 24, 2012
- Whether you're impressed or not doesn't give you the right to make up facts about the games. The stories are not the same, the platforming is generally renowned by the press and consumers alike, and the graphics usually are the best showcase depending on the platform it's on.
"I could go toe to toe with anyone in gaming knowledge, skill, challenges, whatever".
Not if you're saying one of the highest rated franchises in the history of the industry has "subpar gameplay".Apr 24, 2012
- no point in arguing with you when are taking offense to this. I love my Sony products but i didnt give birth to it. Mario has some critically acclaimed games and also some busts. most of them despite the setting have the Princess being kidnapped for Mario to rescue her. I complimented the level design but the enemies are not challenging . I play Mario games beat 3d Land and all I am wishing Nintendo would do a new IP instead of dumping every resource into Mario game Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8 & 9
Mario Sports Mix
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super SluggersApr 24, 2012
- There is no offense- just whether something you say is accurate or not.
Your statements were wildly inaccurate, and it has nothing to do with brand. If you said something incorrect about a Sony or Microsoft game, you'd be seeing the same type of response.
For instance, you list Mario games above as "examples" of Nintendo "dumping" resources when in fact Nintendo only developed one of those games in the list.
And Nintendo does new IP's- Wii was full of them, and you may have heard of Wii Fit, Wii Play, and Wii Sports since they sold more than any other console game this generation.
Other new IP's on Wii:
Disaster: Day of Crisis
They also "dump resources" by publishing other games like Fatal Frame, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower, developing, manufacturing, supporting, promoting the 3DS, Wii U, and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connect/Nintendo Network for dozens of territories all over the world.
Again, you said you could "go toe to toe with anyone in gaming knowledge, skill, challenges". That statement doesn't appear to be true either, considering everything I just mentioned in this post is common knowledge to anyone moderately interested in how the industry works.
Perhaps your knowledge is vast on the Sony side, but it sure isn't on the Nintendo side.
Ironically, that's the case for most people with complaints about Nintendo- they have no idea how that company, or the industry as a whole operates.Apr 25, 2012