Start a hangout
105 followers|291,442 views
Works at Synatus, Ltd.
Attended St. Viti-Gymnasium, Zeven
Lived in London
105 followers|291,442 views
Presenting on the International Conference: "The impact of e-economy on the MENA region development" in Ras al Khaimah
Add a comment...
I have seen several institutions in the financial sector, dwelling in different niches in the same sector, being located in as different countries as Ukraine, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, UK. Also these are not my first musings on this topic. But they still puzzle me.
Add a comment...
- St. Viti-Gymnasium, Zeven1962 - 1970track with focus on mathematics and natural science
- University of HamburgChemistry, 1970 - 1983
Business Advisor, Interim- & Turnaround Manager
Turnaround Management for IT-Shops
- Synatus, Ltd.Partner, 2010 - presentPartner of Synatus, Ltd. - a virtual group of senior consultants, interim managers and trainers, who are recognised as experts in their fields.
- Pacific Propellants, Inc.VP Business Development, 2010 - presentVP Business Development of Pacific Propellants, Inc. - an innovative bio refinary start-up company.
- Kuppinger, Cole + PartnerSenior Analyst, 2005 - presentSenior Analyst at Kuppinger, Cole + Partner - Identity & Access Management - market analysis, strategic consulting, vendor selection and project management.
- SiG Software Integration GmbHManaging director, 1997 - presentManaging director of the SiG Software Integration GmbH - technical due diligence, IT-strategy, agile project management, interim management.
- VCB & Company LLPBusiness Advisor, 2002 - 2014Member of VCB & Company LLP. - Project Monitoring and Management of runaway projects.
- HanseCom GmbHInterim manager Professional Service, 2012 - 2014Interim Manager for the business line professional services in a turnaround situation.
- Universität HamburgScientific assistant, 1978 - 1978Scientific assistant for the basic practical lab course in physico-chemistry, education of apprentices, seminars and colloquia.
- Hapag-Lloyd SystemberatungIT consultant, 1984 - 1984IT consultant at the Hapag-Lloyd-Systemberatung in Hamburg (later renamed to ACS and subsequently acquired by the GFT Technologies AG), contributing to the creation of the companies first large dialogue applications (using MVS-XA, IMS DB/DC, ADF II, COBOL, PL/I).
- ACS SystemberatungDep. head, 1985 - 1987Establishing and leading the Mini/Micro department for the ACS Systemberatung GmbH (formerly Hapag-Lloyd-Systemberatung): analysis methodologies, systems analysis, consulting, client-server software development.
- Grünenthal GmbHIT Coordinator, 1988 - 1988Establishing and leading the department it coordination at the Grünenthal GmbH, in Aachen. Conceptual design of the use of information technology in the R&D department, coordinating the interests of users, central it and external resources.
- Price Waterhouse ConsultingSupervising Consultant, 1989 - 1989Supervising Consultant of the Price Waterhouse Unternehmensberatung GmbH in Frankfurt/Main (later merged with with Coopers & Lybrand and subsequently sold to IBM and merged with IBM Business Consulting Services). Responsible for Methods and Tools.
- BearingPointManager, 1990 - 1990Manager at the Treuverkehr AG (later renamed to KPMG Deutsche Treuhand Unternehmensberatung GmbH, afterwards KPMG Consulting (now BearingPoint GmbH) and at Nolan Norton & Co. in Frankfurt/Main (the former Dutch subsidiary still exits). Establishing trainings in methods- and CASE tools, corporate assessments, enterprise modelling, IT-strategy consulting.
- Genesis Software, Hardware & ConsultingManager Methods & Standards, 1991 - 1992Leading the department of Methods & Standards of the GENESiS Hardware Software Consulting Ges.m.H. (now UNIQUARE, in Krumpendorf at lake Wörthersee / Austria. Introduction and fine tuning of a software development process, creation of the software platform for the 90ies, pre sales support. Subsequently leading the business line 'Leasing' of the Fa. GENESiS managing 2 large and innovative projects
- agens ConsultingLeading consultant, 1993 - 1997Leading consultant of the agens Consulting GmbH in Ellerau near Hamburg. With focus on software development and it strategy for banks and insurance companies.
London - Wingst - Berlin - Bad Soden/Ts., - Klagenfurt - Kiev - Mevenstedt - Aachen - Hamburg - Scheeßel - Zeven
+442081237381, +49 40 32005 439
+49 171 2145502
SiG Software Integration GmbH Chilehaus A * Fischertwiete 2 20095 Hamburg
Horst Walther's +1's are the things they like, agree with, or want to recommend.