My autobiography has been the hardest thing to write. I'm happy I made the effort to publish many sutras before I attempted the hardest thing I have ever sat down to to do. At first I made lists, wrote snippets of my challenges and victories. I had a dif...
Written in the bhikshuni post: "A hallmark of a good master in the Sangha is purity in precepts and compassion in action of speaking and teaching dharma. There is a difference in laity who listen and learn Buddha dharma who learn for sincere benefit or who want power over others. Aggression has no place in teaching Buddha dharma, practicing Buddha dharma or propagating Buddha dharma. If you have no skillful speech keep silent, if your words are supportive and kind creating peace in the mind of the hearer then they are virtuous and well done. If you make people fear karma more than take on a practice in Buddhism then you are not on the Path, threats, coercion, and other violent acts are wrong in the first place because Buddha said not to do these things to people, to do so you go against our founding teacher Sakyamuni Buddha". ~ Ven. Guangming, Abbess Calm Clarity Temple
- Calm Clarity Templeabbess, 2006 - presentBhikshuni religious organization is founder of the non-profit 501 3(c) temple Chinese Mahayana Linji Pure Land Translation of the Mahayana Chinese Tripitaka Taisho Edition
- Chinese Bhikshuni SanghaBhikshuni, 2004 - presentTraditional Vinaya Sangha Bhikshuni, translating Buddha dharma from Chinese to English
- Xi Fang Templetonsure & bhikshuni residency, 2001 - 20052001 Sept arrival lay woman monastic living, tonsure May 8 2002 sramanerika precepts 2004 bhikshuni ordination, 2004-2005 bhikshuni residency, left with permission to reside in Iowa due to lack of available room.
- Sangha Walks (current)
Ven. Hong Yang is a bhikshuni from the Chinese Mahayana Buddhist tradition. She founded Bhikshuni a nonprofit that seeks to improve awareness of the Sangha in the USA. Sangha Walks is a first time ever effort to document in a digital formats the lives and history of all traditions and schools of Buddhist monks and nuns in the USA from their own offerings.
- Yuan Heng Temple, Gaoshiung, TaiwanTriple Platform Ordination, 2004 - 2004Triple Platform Ordination: Sramanerika ordination, Bhikshuni ordination, Bodhisattva ordination
- Iowa State UniversityMA - GGS: Buddhism, 1988 - 1990