- Digital Industry Analyst/Growth Advisor, 2013 - present
- Web Ad.vantagePresident & CEO, 1998 - 2013
"Delivering analysis, answers and advice to businesses looking for revenue growth through the digital sector."
- 16-year digital advertising & marketing industry veteran
- 360-degree experience as a start-up, an award-winning entrepreneur, a digital ad/marketer, an agency, a journalist and book author, a researcher, a speaker, a consultant and advisor, and as a client
- Founded Web Ad.vantage, Inc. in 1998. Back then we called it "web" marketing and advertising. Worked with earliest ad servers, ad networks and ad technology. Primary new business developer and relationship builder.
- Became a syndicated columnist on a broad variety of digital marketing topics (eMarketer; Ziff Davis) in 1999
- 2005 – 2013: Wrote "Digital Media Strategies/Digital Media Planning" column for ClickZ
- 2009: Authored "Twitter Marketing: An Hour a Day" published by Wiley & Sons
- 2011 – 2013: Wrote "Digital Entrepreneur" column for Inc.com
- 2013: Co-authored the report, "Digital Data-Driven Advertising for the Travel Industry," and conducted "State of Travel Industry Advertising" qualitative interview research for PhoCusWright
- 2014: Independent Consultant; Digital Marketing & Advertising Analyst, PhoCusWright
- Graduated Cornell University, Dean's List, B.A. Social Relations
Industry Experience: Travel/Tourism/Destination Marketing; Retail & Consumer Brands, Foodservice; Pharmaceuticals, Health & Wellness; Hi-Tech; CyberSecurity; Higher Education
Specialties: Trend Analysis, Ideation, Thought Leadership, AdTech & Digital Media, Digital Marketing Strategy and Consulting, Problem-Solving, Research, Brainstorming, Subject Matter Expert Recruitment, Training & Education, Strategic Partner Development & Relationship Building, Writing, Simplifying Complex Topics into Layman's Terms
- Cornell UniversitySocial Relations (that's an interdisciplinary in case you're wondering), 1987