Next post: "5 Features that Would Make me Want a Windows Phone Device" Please comment below wit some features/characteristics that would make you consider the platform.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 24 previous comments
- Personally 500 things and a freebie wouldn't get me on a windows phone. I know they are pushing the mobile and integration via silverlight but Windows OS suffers from the same fundamental shortcomings as it always has in my opinion. It is inherently vulnerable even without social engineering for a user to grant admin permission. Any OS for mobile or desktop has security vulnerability but Windows OS drives an industry. My biased opinion.Jul 27, 2011
- "What would make the platform reach mass market?" build good product and gather brand evangelists.Jul 27, 2011
- How about integrating with a Mac? Hate to say it but Mac users tend to be trend setters. Current WP7 doesn't even bother with the Mac at all.Jul 27, 2011
- There's a Mac sync program for WP7 devices, unlike windows mobile which only has third-party solutions.Jul 27, 2011
- Here you go, guys :) Your feedback is appreciated http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/07/27/windows-phone-and-the-necessary-steps-to-success/Jul 27, 2011
- Nice post, I am wondering however about just one of the steps outlined:
How would app purchases manage to equal, for "free mobile service", the amount of revenue a typical Mobile Operator collects from their fees, which are typically around a hundred dollars or more for a smartphone plan, after you factor in taxes and fees, in the US. Nobody is going to buy $100 worth of apps, nor is Microsoft liable to want to, despite their deep pockets, pay for your smartphone plan to the tune of several thousands of dollars per person over a 2 year contract.
Maybe a free phone subsidy, however, would work. There are already free Android smartphones out - in exchange for being (usually) stuck with a low-end Android handset for 2 years at the same cost (within less than 10%) as the superphone that is more up front over the time of the same mandatory contract. (Prepaid Android being an exception, but those aren't free phones.)Jul 27, 2011