HG.org was one of the very first online law and government information sites. It was founded in January of 1995 by Lex Mundi, a large network of independent law firms. The objective of HG.org is to make law, government and related professional information easily accessible to the legal profession, businesses and consumers.
HG.org’s leadership in this arena, for more than 15 years, has positioned it as one of the most trafficked legal sites on the Internet. More than 850,000 unique visitors come to the sites each month seeking law-related assistance and information.
In order to make the search information as accessible as possible, HG.org allows potential customers to search by geographic area, by country and practice area, by state and city, as well as by practice area.
Today, when someone is searching for an attorney or a law firm online, the search results from all the major search engines show the HG.org Law Firm Directory at or near the top of the page for most states and countries.
Legal Service Provider DirectoriesExpert Witnesses
- Founded in 2000, HGExperts.com
has become the place for expert witnesses in all fields, legal marketing experts, legal consultants, and other companies and professionals who provide law-related support services, to make themselves visible to the legal community and to promote the services they provide. Our testimonials
speak to the effectiveness of listing with HGExperts.com.
The fields that our Medical Expert Witnesses
cover include more than 500 medical conditions and diseases. There are also hundreds of non-medical Expert Witness
fields, from 3D Modeling, to Fuel Gas Explosion, to Web History Analysis and so much more. The services of the Expert Witnesses and consultants who list with HGExperts.com include Forensics
, Speaking Engagements
and Litigation Support
Searches for terms like "medical experts", "expert witnesses", and "legal speakers" in the search engines unfailingly produce HGExperts.com on the front page of the search results. Whether you are an Expert Witness looking for business or a legal professional looking for an Expert Witness, HGExperts.com is the place to go for excellent results. Legal Services
- This section spotlights legal service providers on the HG.org website. This includes the listings from HGExperts.com, as well as those for Court Reporters
, Private Investigators
and Process Servers
, who may list their businesses directly on the HG.org site.
Law & PracticeThis section provides extensive information about many and varied areas of law and government for the general public.Areas of Practice
- This Law Center provides information, overviews, definitions, links and more for over 70 core areas of law, which are then broken down into a number of legal subcategories, resulting in over 260 practice areas. Business Law
- The Legal Business Center includes information about businesses, including starting and forming a business, financing, different legal business structures, E-commerce, and more. Divorce
- The U.S. Divorce Law Center presents comprehensive information about the many facets of divorce throughout the United States. Visitors may obtain an overview of divorce law and other related topics, such as legal separation and its counterparts; annulment; property division; maintenance, alimony or spousal support; child custody and visitation; child support; and domestic partnership and/or civil union dissolution on the Center's home page.
The Divorce Law Center's State Pages
reference the most recent, up-to-date statutes. These pages also provide resource links allowing visitors to pursue further independent research should they choose. Attorney links throughout the center assist our visitors in identifying and locating local lawyers and law firms that specialize in divorce and its sub-category practice areas.Estate Planning
- The Estate Planning Center includes wide-ranging information regarding the many elements of estate planning - from the basics to some of the more complicated aspects, such as community property issues
and prenuptial agreements
. The topics covered include Wills
, Advance Medical Directives
, Medical Powers of Attorney
, Living Wills
, and many other related subjects. There are also links to informative related articles, various state resources and statutes. U.S. Courts
- The U.S. Courts section provides links to the various U.S. Federal Courts, Bankruptcy Courts, Appeals Courts and Circuit Courts, as well as Federal Court Resources. U.S. Law
- The U.S. Federal Government section provides links to and information about the United States government’s Legislative
branches, as well as its Independent Agencies
. It also provides resources for information about the U.S. Constitution, Law and Regulation, and links to all the Titles of the U.S. Code.U.S. States Law
- The U.S. State Law and Government Center provides comprehensive information and links about the laws and governments of individual States; Uniform Laws Adopted or Proposed by States; and Associations Dealing With State and Municipal Governments.Law Worldwide
- HG.org makes it easy to locate information on law and governments throughout the world. Links to the countries are organized alphabetically. Simply select the country for which you are seeking information, choose the source(s) you would like to use and then select the links that address your questions.
The Law & Practice
section also provides links to European Union
institutions and entities; information about the United Nations
organization; and a Guide to the Practice of Law
and legal ethics.
HG.org makes a veritable world of information available to you with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Legal EmploymentThe Legal Employment Center
is an excellent resource for both those looking for legal professionals to hire and for the legal pros looking for work. In addition to job listings, it provides valuable, relevant information and tools like resume writing, interviewing techniques, tips for changing jobs, and much more, for employers, employees and job seekers in the legal field.
The Legal Job Listings Directory
provides free legal employment listings for those who hire attorneys, legal secretaries, clerks, paralegals, and other legal professionals. This service is geared not only to law firms, but also to legal recruiters, government agencies and large companies offering legal jobs on a regular or occasional basis.
Our Legal Employment listing accounts are user-friendly and easy to manage, with the freedom to update, renew or delete listings at anytime. As positions are added, they are placed locally in each market, and there is a search option for those seeking employment in the legal field. This center also includes a legal Recruiter directory which offers a search option to find legal recruiters, staffing firms, attorney placement services and more.
With all the services and information it provides, and its place as a leader in the industry, as well as its outstanding position in search engines for legal jobs, HG.org is the optimum place to locate qualified legal professionals, both across the U.S. and internationally. Posting job ads on comparable sites may run into thousands of dollars each year for a law firm or recruiter, but HG.org, offers this valuable service for Free!
StudentsThe Law Student Center
provides helpful information and resources for law students. The home page includes links and information on different types of law degrees; law school tuition and fees; first year student guides; Moot Court and Mock Trials; Judicial Internships; and Law Student Organizations. Pre-Law Information
- This section includes information and links to prepare students for law school, with topics like law school admission; essays; GPA and the LSAT; Pre-law Advisors Associations and more. Financial Aid for Law Students
- includes FAFSA, Federal Eligibility, LRAP, and other financing options; links to individual state Departments of Higher Education and Financial Aid; and informations about financial aid, loans, scholarships and grants for law students.Study Materials and Bar Exams
- Law School courses and curriculum; text book links; law school exams and tests; various other study materials; bar exam prep; and law student blogs. Law Schools Worldwide
- includes worldwide law school directories; links to U.S. Law Schools by State; online law schools and courses; LSAT info; financial aid links; programs and info for studying law abroad; and U.S. top law schools. Continuing Legal Information (CLE)
- links to and information about organizations for CLE; links to individual State Bar CLE and MCLE Programs; and info and links for CLE providers. Discussions, Resumes and Job Searches
- Miscellaneous Law Student Info and Discussions for Law school prep; internships; legal careers and resumes; and legal employment directories.Bar Admission
- info and links for bar admission; links to individual state Bar Admission Offices and Boards of Law Examiners; Bar review courses; and standard bar exams.
Whether already enrolled in law school or contemplating your choices, our Law Student Center provides a wealth of knowledge and resources.
PublicationsThe Legal Publications Center
covers a wide variety of online resources for law-related books, news and other publications, with links to Legal Publishers worldwide and other online tools covering wide-ranging legal issues and practice areas.
The Law Articles
section is one of our most popular areas, with contributions from our clients covering a wide-range of legal topics and practice areas, which are relevant to both individuals and businesses.
section includes a comprehensive list of links to retailers and providers of law related texts.
section provides links to both free online legal dictionaries and to popular hard copy and electronic law dictionaries available for purchase. Forms
is a great place to locate all manner of Legal Forms for a wide variety of purposes, available for free and for purchase, in the U.S. and internationally. Journals
connects you to law reviews, law journals, newsletters and bulletins provided throughout the U.S. and worldwide.
section allows visitors to search for law libraries; law library associations; and law school libraries, either in the U.S. or worldwide. Marketing
is an Online Marketing Guide for Attorneys which explains how legal professionals can effectively promote their law firms on the Internet. It covers a wide variety of tools necessary for success, from attorney websites to blogs, videos and social networking sites, and much more.News
- The Legal News Center is composed of information about and links to law news publications, both in the U.S. and internationally.Publishers
provides a comprehensive list of Publishers of law related books, CD-ROMs, forms, studies, and other legal publications, with links to their websites.
The Legal Profession
Associations – The Legal Associations Directories provide links and information for various Associations for legal professionals in the U.S. and other countries throughout the world. These associations include Law Firm and Attorney Associations; Bar Associations; Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Associations; Paralegal/Legal Assistant Associations; Law Student Associations; and groups for various other professionals in the legal field.
Events- The Legal Events Section provides calendars of law-related events worldwide. This includes seminars, conferences, continuing legal education (CLE) events, training, trade shows, workshops, lectures and more. Individuals may register and post legal events on our calendars free of charge.