I gathered some useful basic orientation tips for Google+
to help you move faster:
- First work on your circles that will put sense into things...
- You can click on someones picture, notification etc..and add him to a circle on the go.
- Don't worry Circle names are visible only to you!
(your friends can't see how you tagged them)Protip
: Copy one circle into another circle.
1) Go to Circles.
2) Click on a circle.
3) Click "View circle in tab".
4) On the top right click "More action" -> "Select all".
Then you can drag everyone from one circle into another circle.Privacy and Picasa Note
: - Picasa photos are viewed by default, and use the original settings you provided on picasa
- Manage how others see your profile by typing their name here - https://plus.google.com/u/0/settings/privacy
- You can click "edit" and omit the "photos" tab
- The easiest way to change all albums settings is via Picasa go to https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
click "edit visibility" and change your albums settings Stop all those emails
- Change email settings https://plus.google.com/settings/plus
- Mute conversations - A few more Google+ tips:
- Text formatting bold
is with * *
is with - -italics
is with _
- Write to someone
simply start writing a post and type that persons profile name it will limit and send your post to him only...kind of like writing on their wall...
- You can tag someone in the post by using the @ or + symbols (Note that if you tagged someone it will become a limited post and you will have to add "public" to make it public.)
- Drag and drop
in the share box - https://plus.google.com/116447414911527915678/posts/Ys8pHJyCuRm
- In the stream, you can click 'j' to navigate down to the next item or 'k' to navigate up. I think it's the same keys that Gmail uses,
- If you're sharing a post with a small circle of people, you can prevent resharing. Click the arrow at the top-right of the post and choose "Disable reshare."
- Click the arrow at the top-right of the post and you can - Link to it, Mute it etc...
- You can edit your post or comment after you already posted them.
- You can comment/respond from within the notification bar itself.How to Import contacts from Facebook https://plus.google.com/116805285176805120365/posts/RGVcduAiCuQSend Invites
- Here is how https://plus.google.com/114202150062599138446/posts/eL4p15Hv1JT?tab=mhAndroid App
For Android application outside US - you can download the .APK file directly (Google it!), and install it directly without rootingLess important tips
f you're looking for more fun things in your stream, the "Incoming" stream is stuff from people who are sharing with you, but who you haven't added to a circle.
- Profile picture
You can click on profile pictures to rotate through them.
Some tips were taken from here - https://plus.google.com/116447414911527915678/posts/1enFhd7ZFhw
Feel free to "share" and add more basic tips in the comments i will update this on the go- you will find the latest updated version here - https://plus.google.com/116447414911527915678/posts/451FKtJMJYi