On this day I choose to encourage other rather than critique. I choose to lift up my fellow man rather than tear down.
On this day I choose peace and love over hatred and spite. On this day I share this message with you.
Make it a GREAT day and spread love.
#CarpeDiem #DrinkMoreCoffee #DoNoHarm #EncourageOthers #ChefPhilosophy
Not sure what the hack a Tank-O-Lantern is? Maybe this will help.
I absolutely love this wonderful poster by graphic designer Francesca Ramos. This was created before quote graphics started appearing all over the place. It beautifully illustrates these ten fundamentals. I have this framed and hanging next to our doorway. I shared this here over a year ago but thought it was a good time to share it again.
There used to be a free pdf available for download on cargocollective.com but it’s no longer there.
You might be able to get one by contacting Francesca directly. Other samples of her work can be found at francesca-ramos.com
Happy #Monday !
#inspiration #motivation #design #typography #mondaymotivation
Strive for progress, not perfection
When trying to reach your goals, I feel you need to have a realistic approach. Setting your standards to high may deviate you from the path you have chosen and you will find yourself making more excuses not to reach your goal because they are just to darn hard to reach and you have not given yourself the credit you needed ... because in your eyes, you have failed.
Let's think about this for a minute. Let's say you want to lose weight, or maybe you want to be the top income owner of your business, or you want to plan your next vacation.
All of the above are very possible and realistic goals to have, but they do not happen over night and sometimes it may even take months. Going into the goal thinking that your going to lose 50 pounds in 2 days, or build an empire in a week, not as realistic.
Inch by inch, it's a cinch. Yard by yard, it's hard.
Consider striving for small steps and compare them to the YOU, the day before. Give yourself a pat on the back because before you know it, the progress you have made from day 1 to day 20 then becomes building blocks to perfection.
Change your mindset ... perfection will never be had without progress. Focus on the daily actions you take towards your BIG goals, I promise, you will have less excuses, more rewards, and in the end ... your goal and dream will come true.
Why? Because you never set yourself up for failure from the beginning!
You have no excuses to fail in reaching what you want to achieve, unless you choose not to progress by making those small actions daily.
That choice is yours!
Pin it: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/433049320392959680/
#motivation #progress #perfection #goals #dreams #excuses
- Wise Owl MarketingPresident, 2015 - presentProviding creative, innovative, and results-driven web development, marketing strategy, and social media marketing to business owners and professionals.
- Becoming MeFounder, 2011 - presentBecoming-Me.com is a blog dedicated to helping people live life with more passion, purpose, fulfillment, and fun with a few hilarious embarrassing moments sprinkled in to stay humble!
- FatWalletSocial Media Manager & Blogger, 2011 - 2015Social media manager for FatWallet.com an online cash back website in the affiliate marketing space. Built a Social Media department and led a team of bloggers, SEO specialists, and interns to create and market digital content for the blog and all of the FatWallet social channels.
- Bargain BabeStaff Writer, 2013 - 2014Wrote a weekly blog post about ways to make money, save money, and personal finance to inspire readers to live an abundant, debt-free life.
- CleverMarketerBlogger, Owner, 2009 - 2012Coached home based business owners on internet marketing and social media marketing best practices, copywriting, SEO, free traffic generation methods and email marketing. Created a marketing forum for business owners to network and share ideas. Guided 35+ marketers through a blog and social media marketing challenge. Moderated and facilitated two Facebook groups focused on marketing.
- Celebrations by Vicki L MarshallWedding Planner, 1995 - 2004Wedding planning and coordination, event planning, graphic design, event decorating.
- Walter E. SmitheDesigner, 1999 - 2000Interior designer and furniture sales
- Printpack, Inc.Graphic Designer, 1996 - 1997Graphic Designer assistant
Hi! I'm Heather Stephens, Thanks for checking out my profile! I am the president and founder of Wise-Owl-Marketing.com and help business go from "Who's that?" to "Who's Who!" in their industry with results driven marketing strategies and web design that generates leads and converts them into loyal customers. In a nut-shell I help businesses rock their marketing and make more money.
I was the Social Media Manager and blogger for FatWallet.com, an online shopping site that will save you lots of money for 4 years where I blogged about personal finance, frugal living, shopping, deals, and Black Friday. I also had the pleasure of mentoring and training new groups of marketing interns every 6 months on how to effectively market a brand online! (My favorite part of the job!)
My best job is being wife to a great guy and mom to three funny, smart, and beautiful kids!
My personal blog is becoming-me.com, where I share funny stories, inspiration, and encouragement to help others live a life they love. Stop by for some laughs or a kick in the butt to help you achieve those dreams on your bucket list now!
Want to start a blog but don't know where to start? Let me help! I've helped hundreds of people start and build a profitable online presence though blogging and social media.
I have a never-ending knack for finding myself in embarrassing situations. I can be passionate about healthy living, juicing and eating clean, when I'm not in the yummy comfort food, wine and coffee, mood! I can't cook! (Really I caught the home-ec oven on fire in high-school!) I can't sing (there isn't enough alcohol on the planet to get me to do karaoke. ) And my house is never spotless.
I'm honored you took the time to read my author profile. Will you connect with me so I can get to know you too?
Let's Be Friends!