What are you doing Open Data Day? Your event can be as large or small as you decide. Just make it local and join us globally.
In this session, we invite Open Data leaders to share their stories.
Special Guests: all of you plus Simeon Oriko of Open Institute in Kenya, Diane Mercier OKF Canada Ambassador (Montreal), Johanna Picciano of Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Hal Seki of Code for Japan.
The session will be approximately 30 minutes, however, if the community wishes to talk for an hour, this is welcome.
Host - Heather Leson (Please be sure that she has your email address to add you)
Bridging people and technology is my calling.
We own and are responsible for our decisions, hope, relationships, personality and integrity. Once this is clear and you love, the world becomes a better place. I think John Ralston Saul is right: if everyone volunteered a few hours a week just think how their lives and the lives around them would change. Lend a hand and build dreams with smiles.
- University of OxfordMedia Policy Summer Institute, 2012 - 2012
- Carleton UniversityPolitical Science, History, 1989 - 1994
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMapBoard Member, 2013 - present
- Open Knowledge FoundationDirector of Community Engagement, 2013 - presentHeather is the Community Engagement Director at Open Knowledge Foundation, a role in which she exercises her passion for community-building, storytelling, and idea hacking. She is leading a project to foster Open Data community specifically focused on the developing world.
- UshahidiDirector of Community Engagement, 2011 - 2013Heather created and managed programs for Ushahidi’s diverse community, and mentored members of its open-source developer ecosystem.