I'm trying to get a custom URL for my business but it says "Many people have the same name. Add a few extra letters or numbers to this URL to get one that is unique for you." yet the URL I am trying to register gives 404 which means it's not even used, and I am sure that nobody uses the same name
Despite the fact that I provided all required data to verify my account, Why would I be needing to add more letters or characters into my custom URL?!
Can anyone help me out with this?!
Launch a Startup in 54 Hours.
Tickets available on:
Ever wondered what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
The professional and personal challenges, the high and lows, the failures and the success?
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 400 past events in 100 countries around the world in 2011.
The non-profit organization is headquartered in Seattle, Washington but Startup Weekend organizers and facilitators can be found in over 200 cities around the world. From Mongolia to South Africa to London to Brazil, people around the globe are coming together for weekend long workshops to pitch ideas, form teams, and start companies.
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekends culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback.
Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!
- Alexandria UniversityArts, 2002 - 2006Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Gamal Abdel NasserScience, 1995 - 1998Military General Secondary School Graduate with Science Major
In late 2010 Hashem Joined eSpace Technologies and lead their design team and managed to work closely with some of TechStars graduates. In 2011 Hashem joined the Startup Weekend Global Facilitators Team and started to evangelize the startup ecosystem in his own town and since then he has been known as the Godfather of Alexandrian Startups. He has involved in and initiated several Startup Communities in Alexandria including SUMUAlex & Alexandria Startup Club with a mission to foster and empower entrepreneurship eco-system within Alexandria.
Hashem is now a co-founder in a few tech Startups including Tabshora and WalletIO, He is also co-directing the newly opened chapter of The Founder Institute in Egypt to help empowering young entrepreneurs along with his main firm Cloud7Labs which provides a 6-week pre-incubator program focused on the first phase of launching a web or mobile startup.
Hashem believes that entrepreneurship is what will take the Egyptian economy to the next level and it is exactly what fits the Egyptian post-revolution economy. Startups should get all the support needed to grow and expand by the ecosystem community leaders & of course the government and that what will boost Egypt's economy.
- Cloud7Labs, Ltd.Founder & Internet Evangelist, 2011 - presentPromoting a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity. Hiring, managing, and firing the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations. Oversees the operations of organization and manages its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Creating and maintaining procedures for implementing plans approved by the board of directors. Ensuring that staff and board have sufficient and up-to-date information. Evaluating the organization’s and the staff’s performance on a regular basis.
- Tabshora, S.A.E.Co-Founder & Operations Chief, 2012 - 2013Working in partnership with the Founders to create the strategic plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it along with serving as the internal leader of the organization to coordinate the annual operations plan and budget and to lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization.
- eSpace TechnologiesSenior Web Designer, 2010 - 2012Responsible for the layout, the visual appearance and usability of a website, using a combination of graphic design skills and technical knowledge of how web page are created. Liaising closely with a customer or client at the design stage and finding the answers to questions about why the site is needed, who the target audience will be, who the leading competitors are, etc. along with producing a design that wil be attractive to the target user and has a logical navigation system and has all features required.
- Arab Chamber of CommerceSenior SEO & SEM Analyst, 2009 - 2010Monitoring overall search engine performance for SEM campaigns. Auditing content published for search engine optimization compliance. Creating detailed search engine optimization recommendations for assigned sites. Tracking and reporting search engine referrals, keyword rankings and other SEO traffic metrics for assigned sites. Implementing strategies for attaining high rankings for relevant, high-volume search terms. Researching, creation and delivery of a long-term SEO strategy for the channel that complies with best practice standards and will drive sustainable traffic. Completing any ad-hoc report, or duty as required by the business needs.
- Master MediaSenior Outdoor Sales Representative, 2008 - 2009Keeping in contact with existing customers in person and by telephone. Making appointments to meet new and existing customers. Agreeing sales, prices, contracts and payments. Meeting sales targets. Promoting new products and any special deals. Advising customers about delivery schedules and after-sales service.
- Skin Arabia, Inc.Co-Founder & Project Manager, 2007 - 2008Supports operations and administration of projects by advising and informing team members, interfacing between clients and staff. Making sure that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards. Overseas design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of designs, projects, products and services.
- CPU & Connect OneNetwork Administrator, 2006 - 2007Building home & office Networks & Software support, for some small business companies. Maintaining adequate security, especially where networks link to the Internet. Planning and supporting LAN based on Microsoft Technologies.
- Magic Technology GroupHelp Desk Support Technician, 2002 - 2006Talking to the client to find out the exact nature of a fault & Working out the reasons for the fault and explaining these to the user. Training clients on new systems or software applications. Keeping knowledge of changing technology current to benefit customers.
SWAlex Ambassadors Program | Startup Weekend Alexandria
Startup Weekend is a global network of passionate leaders and entrepreneurs on a mission to inspire, educate, and empower individuals, teams
ArabNet - Eventtus Raises LE 1.2 Million from Vodafone Ventures Egypt an...
An outstanding LE 1.2 million has been raised by Eventtus, an event engagement organization, in first-round funding from Vodafone Ventures E