Yep. Rule of 3 applies.
Our journey toward more inclusive job descriptions
We want to be transparent about how we've fallen short in creating a diverse team. Here's where we are now, and what we're doing to change. http://buff.ly/1MygdUs
#diversity #womenintech #jobdescriptions #transparency
- ABA Legal Technology Resource CenterManaging Editor/Program Specialist, presentI run Law Technology Today (http://www.lawtechnologytoday.org) for the Legal Technology Resource Center, which includes sourcing content, promotion, interviews, and areas in between.
- ClioCommunications Manager, 2012 - 2013Clio’s first international hire, Gwynne documents Clio’s stories, development, and growth. She is an award-winning blogger and a social media veteran who is never far from the Internet.
- Small Firm InnovationEditor, 2011 - 2013Blog sponsored by Clio. ABA Journal #blawg100 Winner: Most Popular Legal Practice Management Blog In charge of editorial calendar, contributors and promotion. Small Firm Innovation is a blog focused on two areas: the business aspect of running a law practice, and the nitty gritty of what has made a solo and small firm practice a success. From seasoned and successful lawyers to the newly graduated, Small Firm Innovation emphasizes practical solutions for real-world challenges faced by solo and small firm lawyers. Its focus on first person accounts of small firm success creates a dynamic exchange of ready-to-implement ideas.
- ClioCommunity Manager, 2010 - 2012Managed Clio blog, started #cliotraining Tips series, maintained and grew #fb and #twitter followers and dramatically increased social media interaction with current and new users, thought leaders, publications and others in the legal and legal technology industry.
- Self-employed/FreelanceWriter, Editor and Researcher, 2008 - 2011Freelance writer/editor/technical communicator. Recent projects include: - User Guides for Time59, online time tracking software. - Content migration for new Managing Partner Forum website. - Edited book, "Social Media for Lawyers: Twitter Edition" written by Adrian Dayton, published by the Ark Group. - Weekly blogging for personal injury law firm.
- Shadow Froggy ConsultingFounder, Chief Consultant, 2009 - 2011An independent project turned potential business geared toward educating the legal community on the practical uses of open source applications. She has written articles about open source for the Texas Bar Journal and Law Technology Today, and has also presented on the topic to such associations as the Chicago Bar Association.
- TIme59Technical Writer and Social Media Consultant, 2010 - 2010
- Comrad EsqBook and Blog Editor, 2009 - 2010
- International Academy of Design and TechnologyAdjunct Professor, Technical Communications, 2009 - 2009
- BBJ LinenCorporate Communications Coordinator, 2006 - 2008
I do some fiction writing, and blog on my observations and experiences of living in Vancouver, Canada and, most recently, moving back to #Chicago.
This being the Internet, if you want to contact me personally, use this address.
- The John Marshall Law SchoolMSc with Honors, IT & Privacy Law, 2007 - 2009
- DePaul UniversityProfessional Business Writing Certificate, 2005 - 2005
- University of Missouri–ColumbiaBA, English, 1999 - 2003
Baseball’s Teen-Age Twitter Reporters - The New Yorker
Why are baseball insiders divulging information to middle- and high-school reporters?
Compliments and the Rule of Three | Gwynne Monahan
Tweet; Sharebar. Tweet. Know the Theory of Threes? Or the Rule of Three? That things tend to happen in threes, whatever they may be. Birth.
Why I Am Teaching a Course Called “Wasting Time on the Internet” - The N...
The vast amount of the Web’s language is perfect raw material for literature.
How the Man Who Wired Facebook Helped Build the NFL Stadium of the Futur...
Dan Williams was the first network engineer at Facebook. As the company's online empire expanded from 10 million users to an unprecedented 7
Digital Literacy Is the Key to the Future, But We Still Don't Know What ...
The entrance to GitHub is the most Instagram-able lobby in tech. It's a recreation of the Oval Office, and the mimicry is spot-on---except f
The Open Source Tool That Lets You Send Encrypted Emails to Anyone | Ent...
In the wake of the mass NSA surveillance scandal sparked by whistleblower Edward Snowden, all sorts of hackers, academics, startups, and maj
What It's Like Raising Money As A Woman In Silicon Valley
Editor's note: We don't publish many anonymous pieces on Forbes.com, but this compelling first-person account of sexism in the startup world
A question of values and violence -- and a lot more
I once interviewed this guy who was gruff and surly, and although he might have appeared to be a thug, he wasn't. He was smart and insightfu
Why the “everybody does it” defense of Facebook’s emotional manipulation...
Yes, we live in which every Internet company is attempting to modify our behavior. That doesn't make it right
A New Doc Explores The Bright Life And Sudden Death of Aaron Swartz | Co...
Brian Knappenberger talks about his new film, the life and legacy of Aaron Swartz, and the troubling trends that survive the internet activi
Becoming a White Walker: how one man turns into a terrifying 'Game of Th...
Earlier this season, Game of Thrones fans got a look at the home of the enigmatic White Walkers. The ghastly snow zombies appear for just a