(Wed06) Hoodie in the House. Who will be the first Republican presidential candidate to wear a hoodie?
84 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 59 previous comments
- Thank you for the full quote, +Adam McGinnis, because it just refuted everything he'd been saying. Obama did not say his son would be like Trayvon, but that he would look like Trayvon. He said that a kid being shot dead is a tragedy. And he said that the investigation would be thorough and the law applied regardless of the race of the victim or the suspect.Mar 29, 2012
- : Yeah, how DARE Obama suggest that the rule of law be applied equally to all people? (sighs) -- the President was showing something called empathy, a trait that so many right-wingers (but not all! Several have surprised me lately by showing signs of conscience) appear to lack.Mar 29, 2012
- pop-up the peoples concerns : rest are rootless innocentMar 29, 2012
- The President did not rush to speak as many were wanting him to comment much earlier. He was asked a question about a national story and he answered it with empathy and compassion for a grieving family. Period.
You can create all the red herring situations you want for a deflection but they are irrelevant and it pretty obvious that dislikes POTUS and would be criticizing his behavior no matter what he did not did not do to satisfy your shifting levels of outrage.
Btw, in your straw man scenario, the black man would have been arrested and be in jail, which is kind of the point to the protests in the streets across America.
For others with an open mind, here is an informative google maps video with narration of the shooting and Zimmerman's dad's story does not really hold up. http://www.showme.com/sh/?h=5ABSodsMar 30, 2012
- Hoodies aren't the problem, just like guns aren't the problem. Anyway for the record: My dogs that happen to be very sweet and obedient Doberman Pinchers when cold wear their hoodie. =)Mar 30, 2012
- Hats off to this brave man who was mocking every racist idiot. It's great to know that some people are boiling mad over the joy that black people experience when we come together in defense of one another. Call it what you want, but it ain't gonna stop anytime soon. There will always be those who seek justice at its root: Treat others as you wish to be treated.Mar 31, 2012