(Tue06) Too bad it's too late to switch from hockey to soccer or cricket.
42 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- (and everyone else) Two words: Salary caps!
NFL limits how much teams can spend on players so the pie can only be divided so many ways, $12.06M per team in 2012 to be exact. There are NO caps Euro football. Instituting them would be very cumbersome, because while NFL teams play in ONE league, Euro football clubs, if good enough, can play in several leagues at the same time.
Euro football caps would be tough to model as each league has different governing bodies that the same clubs with the same players all compete under. Thus, players are free to move between clubs to the highest bidder, and wealthy clubs can buy better trophy odds. It may seem broken, but that's the system.
And another factor for the discrepancy in salaries between the two sports: far more people worldwide support football than the NFL. I'm just saying...May 8, 2012
- Until 2005, the NHL had no cap either! You were golden! Now it's at $64M/year/team and $12.86M/year/player. So you'll have to consider a pay cut. ;) Unless you want to switch to Cricket that is, which is the same thing on grass, it seems to me. Or is that Lacrosse? I digress...May 8, 2012
- In Indian subcontinent.Cricket is just not sports,it is religion.It is a religion that brings together people of all religions,all demographics, together.It is a great unifying factor and a leveler. Presently the country is at stand still watching IPL. world's best cricketers are participating in the carnival called IPL.
Considering the great human values these players generate, the payments ar reasonable.
When you take the value of the payments in terms of purchasing power,the earnings beat that of even the soccer players.May 8, 2012
- wow!!!!May 9, 2012
- THATS WHY WE INDIAN ARE GREATMay 9, 2012
- A great career (proposed, may be) for many...May 9, 2012