On March 4, 2015 Edward F. “Butch” Rolfes beloved husband of Mary E. Rolfes (nee Sisselberger); devoted father of William J. Rolfes and his wife Jennifer and Christina M. Bare and her husband Bill; loving son of Clara Thorpe and the late Raymond D. Thorpe; dear brother of Po Thorpe, Sandy Spaid, Cathy Hurley, Wendy Kelly and Raymond Cegelski; loving grandfather of Jozy, Izzy and Werm. Also survived by many nieces and nephews.
A Funeral Service will be held at the Connelly Funeral Home of Essex, 300 Mace Avenue Baltimore, Md 21221 on Monday at 11AM. Visiting hours on Sunday 4-8PM. Interment private.
Our Post Home was chartered 11 August 1967 with a Perpetual Post Charter 7 March 1972. Our Founding Fathers started a tradition which we strive to maintain. We pride ourselves as being known as the "Friendliest Post which I've ever been in". We continue to enjoy very strong and deep Community ties. While our fulfillment of the Community Services Program may be equaled by other Posts we feel it is not exceeded.
An individual is eligible for membership in the VFW only if the individual served honorably as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States-
- In a foreign war, insurrection, or expedition in service that
- Has been recognized as campaign-medal service; and
- its governed by the authorization of the award of a campaign badge by the United States Government;
- On the Korean Peninsula or in territorial waters for at least 30 consecutive days, or a total of 60 days, after June 30, 1949; or
- In an area which entitled to the individual to receive special pay for duty subject to hostile for imminent danger under section 310 title 37.
Contact the Post for specific eligibility requirements.
Gunpowder VFW Post 10067 is available for hall rentals 7 days per week. For more information contact the post at (410) 335-8933 or email email@example.com